Causes Terror is a powerful attribute which may make the hero, lord or unit's melee target rout for a short time and are immune to this effect themselves. The terror effect has a chance to trigger only when the melee attack successfully lands a hit on an enemy. Therefore, enemies with high defence and melee defence are less likely to be terrorised. It may have a major impact in the battle as units which rout three times shatter and abandon the battlefield changing the balance of power significantly.
(needs tiding up)
Terror[edit | edit source]
- Units with the Can Cause Terror or Causes Terror attribute have a chance to cause a large leadership reduction when they charge enemy units.
- Enemies in a 5m radius around the terror causing units will instantly route if they drop below 13 Leadership. This is most likely to trigger when the terrifying unit charges into an enemy from behind, compounding negative leadership modifiers until they drop below 13 and rout.
- Units that are terrified will rout for several seconds before coming back (rallying)
- All terror causing units also cause fear.
- Monsters cause terror.
- Units which cause terror are immune to fear and terror effects.
- Some items confer the ability to cause fear or terror, such as The Terrifying Mask of Eee!
Lore[edit | edit source]
This unit can cause terror, making its melee target rout for a short time. Units that cause terror are immune to terror and fear themselves.