"The Skaven Chieftain is an accomplished warrior who has clawed his way to a position of authority."
- —The powerful Chieftains of Skavendom.
Chiefain is a Skaven melee Hero released as FLC alongside The Twisted and the Twilight. The Chieftain is a heavily combat-centered specialist (both heavily armoured and armour-piercing, as well as anti-large) and is classified as a Melee Specialist Hero type.
Where a Clan might have representation in one Under-Empire city, the Chieftain receives instructions from his Warlord and master. Though still subservient to another more powerful Skaven, within their demesne they have nigh absolute authority. Those Clan Chieftains who prove themselves may one day rise to become Warlords themselves, supplanting their masters and perhaps even gaining a seat on the Council of Thirteen. While all Clan Chieftains believe this is their right and due, few survive long enough to achieve such lofty goals.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
Constant Local Effects
- Spread Public Order
- Discover Under-Cities
- Settlement: Damage Walls
- Hero: Wound
- Army: Block Army
- Bonebreaker. Putting the Chieftain on a Bonebreaker makes him a Siege Attacker and grants him also he Frenzy trait. Note that he loses his Bonus vs. Large and that he will be considered a Moulder Monster unit.
a decent anchor-piece in MP, don't bother putting them on a bonebreaker unless you're doing a goon-squad build.