- Only one contact effect may be active at any one time
- Always triggers on an enemy unit if the attack hits
- Cannot be negated by resistances of any sort
- Does not stack, so you cannot have multiple instances affecting the same enemy unit even if applied by different friendly units
- May be refreshed with each hit up to its original duration
Units with inherent contact effects may have them imbued to their melee attack channel, missile attack channel or both. However, abilities, ancillaries and traits granting contact effects will always imbue both attack channels, and replace any inherent contact effects if existent. Since a unit may only have one contact effect active at any one time and a newly acquired contact effect will replace the current contact effect, the player should check the ordering to ensure the intended contact effect is active.
A summary table is provided below - please see the specific contact effect page for comprehensive information.
|Caught in the Tempest|
|Da Nasty Curse!|
|Madness of Khaine!|
|Skarsnik's Death Juice|
|Touch of Corruption!|
As of The Warden and the Paunch, contact effects can no longer be inflicted on allies by ranged attacks. This means that an archer unit with poison arrows cannot poison allies by shooting them (units will still take damage however). The only exceptions to this is the Poisoned wind effect on Poisoned Wind "because Skaven".