"You owe your fur to the Nightlord..."
- —Deathmaster Snikch, Chief Assassin of Clan Eshin.
Deathmaster Snikch is the Chief Assassin and prime agent of Lord Sneek, Lord of Decay and Nightlord of Clan Eshin. His infamy is only exceeded by the mystery which surrounds his whereabouts at any particular time. Lord Sneek ensures that this is the case - as long as no one knows the location of his chief assassin no one can feel safe. Deathmaster Snikch has appeared all over the Old World at one time or another, seldom being seen but always leaving his distinctive symbol traced in blood beside the decapitated heads of his victims.
No one truly knows what horrors the Deathmaster has perpetrated during his long and mysterious existence. Of how many ships have been sunk or foundered with mysterious leaks or severed rigging, of how many towns have been consumed by fire or pestilence released from the sewers below or even how many people the Deathmaster has killed in his lifetime. It is only on the battlefield that the Deathmaster's presence can at least been known to dwell, stalking his victims, concealed beneath the magical Cloak of Shadows, its ensorcelled power strong enough to make a mockery of the most intricate defences. Where the stealthy tread of Deathmaster Snikch falls, no prince or warlord is safe from his blades.
- Scaling Damage: The amount of damage this unit causes increases based upon the number of hitpoints the target has lost
- Weeping Blade: Weeping Blade devours armour. A couple of slashes is all that is needed for their corrosive venom to eat through even the thickest plate.
- Stalk: This unit can move hidden in any terrain.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
- +25% Ambush success chance
- +8 Melee attack for embedded heroes (Lord's army)
- Ability: "Concealment Bomb"
Additional campaign starting units
Eye of the Vortex
Unsurprisingly, Snikch is an amazing assassin unit. His damage scales based on how much health an enemy has lost, meaning he should never take a straight 1v1, but steal in for the kill when an enemy has been weakened. Whirl of Weeping Blades is a decent crowd clearing ability that helps prevent him from being pinned down by infantry. Deathmaster Sigil is a short snare that can allow him to catch a target or run away from a dangerous one.
Before release, Snikch was labelled as Double sword infantry despite the fact that he wields a third sword in his tail. The content creators that got early access noted this and Party Elite raised the issue to CA. This led to the label as Triple sword infantry, the only unit in the game to have such a tag.