|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information might be found on the article's talk page.
Eltharion is a High Elves Legendary Lord introduced in Total War: Warhammer II with The Warden and the Paunch DLC. In battle, he is a versatile unit proficient in both melee and magic and can ride a fearsome griffon.
- This city will never be safe. Not whilst HE is still out there. - Eltharion the Grim
Eltharion the Grim, Prince of Yvresse and Warden of Tor Yvresse is a great Elven lord and ruler of the Kingdom of Yvresse in Ulthuan. His misty, forested, coastal kingdom is sparsely inhabited (even by Elven standards) and is protected by magical mists that confuse and waylay trespassers and invaders, leading them into ambushes or rough terrain.
Eltharion has a bitter grudge against Grom the Paunch, a rotund Goblin Warboss who once laid waste to much of Yvresse and killed Eltharion's father, Moranion. Though he had returned the favour by killing Blaktooth, the warlord's right hand shaman, The Greenskin slipped from his grasp. Now, Eltharion must focus on restoring the defences of Tor Yvresse, even strengthening them, for the return of his Archnemesis. Although the orcs take prioreity, the Grim Warden has sworn to never let his homeland fall to anyone, and there are other power who seek Ulthuan for themselves
In Total War: Warhammer II, Eltharion seeks to rebuild his ancestral home of Athel Tamarha, destroyed in ages past by Grom, to withstand Grom's next attack and gain final revenge. In order to do this he must use every tool at his disposal, including his Warden's Cage and elite Mistwalker units.
The foul force of the Greenskins has penetrated the enchanted mists of Yvresse once again. For Eltharion the Grim, it was always an inevitability. The people of Tor Yvresse had experienced the horror of an invading Waaagh! before, with the latest wave of Orc and Goblin landings upon their shores turning their sadness over past tragedies into fear for future struggles. The Warden steels himself for the coming war, sensing that a familiar foe is gathering strength somewhere in the distance ...
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
Campaign and multiplayer:
Campaign starting units
Eye of the Vortex
- Has access to the Dungeon of Athel Tamarha
- Can spread the Mists of Yvresse, cloaking Eltharion and his allies' lands in a defensive shroud
- Diplomatic relations: -80 with Greenskins
- Recruit Rank: +3 for Spear Infantry and Rangers
- Immune to Barrens Wasteland attrition (Lord's army)
- Leadership: +8 for Spear Infantry and Ranger units (Lord's army)
- Melee Defence: +8 for Spear Infantry and Ranger units (Lord's army)
- Attribute: Causes Fear when fighting against Greenskins
With the dour defender defeated, Ulthuan lies exposed.
- Missile resistance: 10%
- Attribute: Charge Defence vs Large
Overall, Eltharion is a generalist Lord choice who can do a lot of things but other Lords can do specific things better. For example, Tyrion and Imrik can fight better, Alarielle and Teclis cast more and better spells. For this reason, he can be useful in a variety of scenarios and can be useful in whatever role you assign him, just not amazing.
In multiplayer, Eltharion is a seldom picked Lord due to his high price tag. This is true, however Eltharion brings a generalist Lord option that no other High Elf lord does. He is an effective armour-piercing combatant when mounted on Stormwing, allowing him to cause terror. He can use the Lore of high magic to heal himself and otherwise cast spells on the battlefield. Only Teclis mounted on his arcane Phoenix match him for the mixture of flying-terror causing-spellcaster. Eltharion is a far better combatant than Teclis (especially with his Fangsword which boosts his damage and makes him more durable) although his spells are less useful.
- Eltharion starts the campaign with a High Elf Noble hero named Cavill. This is a reference to actor Henry Cavill (known for playing Superman, and Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher Netflix series) who said that Total War: Warhammer II is one of his favourite games.