Encourage is a generic attribute that virtually every character has. It emanates in a radius around the unit constantly. Some campaign abilities increase the aura size like Settra the Imperishable or Azhag the Slaughterer.
Lore[edit | edit source]
This unit provides a Leadership bonus to nearby allies. Units within both range of a Lord's aura and an encouraging unit will take the larger of the two bonuses.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- 70m Aura
- Lords, Heroes, and units with the Encourage attribute provide +4 Leadership within 70m
- There is a small area of decaying effectiveness beyond this 70m where a unit will get +3, +2 or +1. The moral buff drops 1 leadership every 10m outside 70m.
Tips[edit | edit source]
The ability does not stack, so a unit of Peasant Mob cannot be made to stand to the last man with 19 characters encouraging it.
Units[edit | edit source]
Rarely, some units have the ability:
- War Mammoth (Warshrine)
- Aspiring Champions
- Longbeards (Great Weapons)
- The Grumbling Guard (Longbeards - Great Weapons)
- Winterheart Guards (Eternal Guard - Shields)
- Knights of the Lionhearted (Knights of the Realm)
- Shredder of Lustria (Dread Saurian)
- Knights of Tor Gaval
- Everqueen's Court Guards (Sisters of Avelorn)
- Eldred's Guard (Spearmen)
- Templehof Luminark (Luminark of Hysh)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Up to the The Twisted and Twilight Update, Units with encourage gave +8 Leadership, making them significantly better leaders than lords and heroes.