- For the mount, see Carnosaur.
Feral Carnosaur is a Lizardmen anti-large monster unit in Total War: Warhammer II. First come the vibrations; next the distant sound of destruction; finally, carnage is unleashed. Good luck.
Carnosaurs are large apex predators that have terrorised the darkness of the primordial jungles since the dawn of this world's existence. Considered by many as the ultimate jungle hunter, with some growing nearly two stories tall, these massive reptilian beasts are powerfully built and highly aggressive creatures, with long, muscular hind limbs and a heavy tail that is used to balance their enlarged and powerful skulls. Upon scenting prey, or catching sight of even the slightest amount of movement, Carnosaurs propel themselves with enormous strides, moving with surprising speed for such large beasts. Their shortened forelimbs and sharp claws are ideal for locking hold of prey. They have massive jaws, their gaping mouths filled with dagger-like death. Their bite can hack through huge chunks of flesh on larger prey, and by twisting their thick, serpentine necks, Carnosaurs can simply rip their quarries apart piece by bloody piece. Having tasted blood, a Carnosaur is at its most deadly, for it enters a state of savage bloodlust — biting and tearing at any living creature, sometimes slaughtering its gory way through entire herds of giant reptilian without pause. Such is what they were bred to become, for the primordial jungles of Lustria only spares the strongest and most ferocious of monsters, whilst the weak are simply left to be eaten by those seeking to consume flesh.
Carnosaurs are the apex-predators in the jungles of Lustria. They are a race of bipedal lizards, comparable to giant raptors. They are the sole reasons Dragons were extinct in Lustria, stalking their caves and preying upon the sleeping giants. Carnosaurs suffer from bloodfrenzy, letting them run rampage on the battlefield, completely out of control. Carnosaurs are the only predators within Lustria able to slay a Feral Stegadon. Their razorsharp teeth and claws are able to rip through both scaly skin and thick plate armor with ease and their gigantic mouths allow them to swallow man-sized prey whole. Skinks steal the eggs of breeding Carnosaurs, placing themselves within mortal danger to fulfill their part of the Great Plan. More often than not those Skinks end up as a meal for the crazed parents. The Skinks then place themselves constantly into danger, raising the Carnosaurs who tower above them even shortly after birth.
Those Skinks who do manage to steal one of those prized eggs however, manage to add a force to be reckoned with to the forces of the Lizardmen. They can be ridden into battle by an Oldblood or Scar-Veteran or simply set on to the enemy to crush through their lines. But even the fiercest rider can never fully control the Carnosaur for it´s hunger for flesh and blood can never truly be tamed.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↓ Rampage: When this unit gets hurt and enemies are nearby it might go on a rampage, attacking the closest enemy and ignoring any orders given.
- Carnosaurs are quick and deadly, excelling at tearing apart especially large units. They have a massive Bonus vs. Large but greatly benefit from the Rampage mechanic, going into an uncontrollable frenzy once a certain health threshold has been reached. When shielded from enemy skirmishers, they are able to cause massive damage onto Cavalry and monsters.