Each turn the player will gain and lose food. A player's total food is displayed in the top center of the screen, while viewing the campaign map. Hover over the food icon to see a breakdown of food income and expenditure.
This page should be up-to-date as of the Resurgent Update.
How food works[edit | edit source]
Food capacity[edit | edit source]
Food cannot decrease below zero, and it also cannot increase above a certain amount (a cap).
- The default cap with one settlement controlled, is 105 food.
- Each settlement the player controls increases the total food cap by +5.
- Certain technologies also increase the food cap, see below.
Generating food[edit | edit source]
- The Pastures resource allows the player to construct a building chain that generates food per turn:
- The Exotic animals resource allows the player to construct a building chain that generates food per turn:
- Certain Skaven buildings each give +1 food per turn:
- The Skaven landmark, Corrupted Spawning Pool, gives +5 food per turn.
- The Exploitative Planning commandment generates +2 food per turn for each province that is using it.
- The Dominating Scheme rite generates +3 food per turn for 5 turns, each time it is enacted.
- Raiding by the player generates +3 food per turn per army.
- A flat amount of food is gained after each battle.
- An additional flat amount of food can be gained by choosing the Enslave post-battle option, again depending on the amount of captives.
- Certain Skaven technologies each give +30 food capacity, and +2 food production per turn:
- Monstrous Plans
- Virulent Plans
- Oppressive Plans
- Volatile Plans
- Plans Within Plans
Expending food[edit | edit source]
- Each settlement a Skaven faction controls costs -1 food per turn.
- Each army costs a certain amount of food in upkeep, depending on how many units it has.
- Food can be expended in a flat amount to increase uses of The Menace Below in a given battle.
- Food can be expended in a flat amount to colonise a ruined settlement at a higher level.
Effects of food[edit | edit source]
The system is based on how much food your faction has, as a percentage of your total cap.
All effects are faction-wide.
|Status||Percent of total cap||Text||Effects|
|Starving for Food||0-20%||There's almost no food to be found and the Skaven are in trouble:
the masses are starving and the powerful are eating their underlings.
Income from raiding: -25%
Public order: -2
Income from sacking and looting settlements: -25%
Income from post-battle loot: -25%
|Food Shortage||21-40%||The Skaven food supplies are running low.
Those who aren't in a position to demand their share are going hungry.
Public order: -1
|Normal Food Levels||41-60%||There is a normal amount of food available to the Skaven.
The weak are starving and the strong are feasting - things are as they should be!
|Surplus Food Supplies||61-80%||There is currently enough food for almost all Skaven to have their fill.
For a change, even the poor among their number can afford to eat.
Leadership: +5 when in own or allied territory
Public order: +1
|Plentiful Food||81-100%||At the moment there's plenty of food to go around,
as a result the Skaven are becoming more numerous by the day!
Leadership: +10 when in own or allied territory
Public order: +2
Strategy[edit | edit source]