As a contact effect, it only triggers when the blow is successful and actually lands on enemies. However, as long as the attack is successful, frostbite will always trigger, cannot be negated by resistances of any sort, does not stack and can be constantly refreshed.
References to frostbite usually include frostbite and frostbite! with an exclamation mark (!). The effect is called frostbite! and the attack is imbued with the frostbite effect.
- Frostbite! (10 Seconds)
- Speed: -35%
There is a small group of items that enable frostbite attacks on units.
There are a few spells that enable frostbite attacks on units.
There are a number of units with frostbite attacks enabled which hail from the frozen hinterland, such as the Norsca racial factions, and other units usually higher-tier or specialist.
- Frostheart Phoenix monstrous beast
- Frost-Wyrm flying monster
- Frigustrex, Scion of the Cold Void (Howling Winter)
- Marauder Ice Wolves Chariot
- Norscan Ice Trolls monstrous infantry
- Norscan Ice Wolves melee warbeast
- Throgg legendary lord
- Wraiths of the Frozen Heart (Dryads) Regiment of Renown
- Tentacle ingredient from Grom's Cauldron campaign mechanic