Gallows Giant (Necrofex Colossus) is a Vampire Coast Regiment of Renown unit in Total War: Warhammer II. A colossal walking frame of galleon-torn timber, iron, and man-flesh, relentlessly driven by a vortex of deathly energy.
The unhallowed form of the Necrofex Colossus is one of the most terrifying anathema known to arcane lore. Varying in composition, they always hold true to the same basic form – a monstrous humanoid shape akin to a giant, fashioned upon a frame of galley-torn timber, iron, or bone, onto which the ‘flesh’ and musculature of the dead has been bound and shaped, with scores of corpses used in their creation. These gargantuan monstrosities fear neither pain nor injury, for they are walking vortexes of deathly energies around which the souls of the damned howl and against which few mortals can stand. With so much unholy power concentrated in their forms, a Necrofex Colossus is no mere mindless thrall, but possesses a deathly will and dark appetite of its own, often outlasting its creator or even proving their undoing should its master’s control slip even for a moment.
- Torch of Bogenhafen: Instead of salvos of cannonballs, the infamous 'Gallows Giant' covers its enemies in a wave of incinerating fire.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing Missiles: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Causes Terror: This unit can cause terror, making its melee target rout for a short time. Units that cause terror are immune to terror and fear themselves.
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
- Bogenhafen is a town in the Empire.