|“||I have failed him once in the search for Unlife, but I shall not fail again !||„|
Grand Hierophant Khatep is a Tomb Kings Legendary Lord introduced in Total War: Warhammer II with the Rise of the Tomb Kings DLC. The head of the Mortuary Cult’s Hierophantic Council, Khatep is the oldest and wisest of the Liche Priests. The Liche Lord, ancient beyond memory, wanders the deserts in search of powerful artefacts to restore his beloved kingdom to its former glory.
Khatep, known as the Liche Lord, is the current Grand Hierophant of Khemri, and the religious head of the Mortuary Cult's hieratic council. Khatep is the oldest and wisest of all the Liche Priest and the first member of their order to truly deny death's embrace, if not the ravages of time. He is ancient beyond memory, cadaverous and hunched over as if he carries the weight of epochs upon his shoulders. Following the casting of Nagash's Great Ritual, civil war threatened to destroy Nehekhara. Khatep therefore took it upon himself to restore order. He broke the magical seals of the Great Pyramid of Khemri and awoke the greatest of the Tomb Kings: Settra. At the end of the mighty incantation Settra arose and smote any who opposed him. Before long all bowed their heads to Settra, and though he sat once more upon the throne of Khemri, his wrath was great. Settra was angry foremost with the Mortuary Cult, believing they had whispered lies about the extent of their powers. In his fury, he exiled Khatep from Khemri and forbade him to set foot within any of the great cities until such a time as he could fulfil the Mortuary Cult's ancient promise and reinstate the golden age of Nehekhara. Thus, Khatep wanders the deserts in search of scrolls, inscriptions and relics of power that he believes will restore his beloved kingdom to its former glory.
- Hero capacity +2 for Liche Priests
- Hero recruit rank +3 for Liche Priests
Before being mounted, Khatep starts as a melee infantry unit.
- Khatep grants a bonus to Dynasty research rate, and improves casualty replenishment and army movement factionwide. He can also recruit a higher number of Liche Priest Heroes, and recruits them at a higher rank.
- Once defeated he grants Immunity to Desert Attrition for the Lord's Army.
- Khatep is the only Tomb King Lord without a -25% fire weakness (Liche Priests are the only Heroes without the weakness as well).