Heralds of Ariel
- Heralds of Ariel requires Realm of the Wood Elves to play.
Heralds of Ariel is a Wood Elves faction introduced in Total War: Warhammer II with The Twisted and the Twilight. It is led by the Sisters of Twilight and can be found in The Witchwood, in the center of Naggaroth.
The Sisters of Twilight first appeared during the long years of Ariel's self-imposed exile from the mortal realm, acting as her representatives upon the great council. None save for the Mage Queen know the sisters’ true origins, though there are many rumours that purport to fill this gulf. Some say that they are the splintered halves of a young Elf-maid who became lost in the Wildwoods long ago, and was remade so that she might better serve the Weave. Others recount that the twins are the darkest and lightest aspects of Ariel’s spirit made manifest, her passion and mercy split apart from her soul so that they can no longer dominate her being as they have in the past. A few stories even claim that the sisters are as divine as Ariel and Orion, but most commonplace by far are the songs and tales that claim the twins are simply Ariel’s daughters, and thus princesses of Athel Loren by right of blood and lineage.
- Forge of Daith: Craft and upgrade unique weapons, armour, and items offered by the master smith Lord Daith
- Ammunition +10% (all armies)
- Ability: Volley of Kurnous for Hawk Riders units
Unique Post-Battle Options
Unique Post-battle options
- Naestra's Grace: Allow these warriors to return to their realms - for a price (+ Treasury)
- Your army will gain the following effects: Naestra's Grace (3 Turns) Naestra's calm demeanour has prevailed, for a moment
- +5% Physical resistance
- Arahan's Wrath: Take no prisoners - leave none alive!
- Your army will gain the following effect: Arahan's Wrath (3 Turns) Arahan's destructive urges have been sated for now.
- +5% Missile strength
- +4 Leadership
Eye of the Vortex
- Complete two Rituals of Rebirth
- Complete The Root of Chaos final battle
- Defeat Clan Moulder
- Destroy the following factions: Caledor, Eataine, Naggarond, Hexoatl, Clan Mors, Order of Loremasters
- Maintain control of 50 provinces
- The Witchwood
- Starts at war with the Broken Chainz
- Hates Beastmen - Beastmen, the hideous, deformed Children of Chaos, have long been a blight on Athel Loren. Nothing can or will change that view.
- Isolationist - So long are their lives, so perfect their isolation, that the affairs of outsiders seem trivial in the extreme.