Horned Ones is a Lizardmen cavalry unit in Total War: Warhammer II. Much rarer than other Cold Ones, these virtually-extinct Lustrian warriors fight with preternatural swiftness that belies their size.
Horned-Ones can only be found within the deepest and unattainable parts of Lustria, where they roam and hunt freely. They are even more dangerous than the Cold-Ones, their more-commons cousins that can be found even in the Southlands. They breed in the darkest and deepest caves and defend their territory until death - seldom their own. The Horned-Ones are as rare as the are prized and only those who are worthy can ride them into battle. It is believed that only those who have been blessed by Itzl - one Of the Old Ones, Gods of the Lizardmen - are able to ride those beasts into battle. Such Saurus often carry massive horned shields upon their heads, marking them as the chosen of Itzl.
The Horned Ones are an extremely rare, virtually extinct and preternaturally swift subspecies of Cold One, spawned in the same pool and at the same time as those who will ride them into battle. The Horned Ones are very aggressive and territorial, and will tackle virtually any other monster, regardless of its size. They are naturally adapted for fighting duels and have large horns and spiny crests growing out of their heads. Unlike other Cold Ones, Horned Ones are not easily manipulated to change their targets, as they are always enraged by the smell of other creatures invading their territory. A Horned One therefore behaves like a Cold One which has already tasted blood and is eager to fight. The bellowing of the Horned One infects other Cold Ones with the same aggression, steeling them against manipulation as well.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Predatory Senses: These units are natural hunters that can sense prey hiding nearby.
- ↓ Primal Instincts: When under pressure, the primal instincts of these natural predators take over. They then may go on a rampage against nearby enemy units, attacking the closest one and ignoring any orders given.
- They are an Elite cavalry unit, ridden by the greatest Saurus of their time. Horned-Ones are a rare breed of the Feral Cold Ones, predatory bipedal lizards that roam the jungles of Lustria. They are the best cavalry the Lizardmen can field and can break the frontlines of any race with their ferocious charge.
- They are an armour-piercing melee cavalry similar to Chaos Knights or Black Knights, however they have a significant charge bonus to supplement. They are not quite shock cavalry, but are a good blend of melee cavalry that can deliver a solid amount of shock damage as well.