Knights of Caledor
|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information regarding this issue may or may not be found on the talk page.
Knights of Caledor
Playing as Knights of Caledor and Imrik requires downloading them for free from Steam here.
The Knights of Caledor are an expedition led by Prince Imrik, the ruler of Caledor in Ulthuan. While he is away, he has entrusted command of Caledor to others. Imrik is descended from two Phoenix Kings (Caledor I and Caledor II) as well as Caledor Dragontamer, companion of Aenarion, who first woke the dragons to fight against Chaos. Imrik has inherited his family's affinity for dragons.
How they playEdit
The Knights of Caledor play similarly to other High Elf factions, but with a heavier focus on their most elite units. They give bonuses to Dragon Princes and Dragon units meaning that such units should make up the bulk of your elite army.
Knights of Caledor uses the High Elves roster with the exception that they can access 5 special dragon units:
Knights of Caledor generally play the same as other High Elves factions, however the major differences are listed below. For general High Elves information see High Elves. Additionally, the player will get a chance to confederate Caledor after they own a certain amount of provinces.
Eye of the Vortex
- Shifting Sands (Ka-Sabar only)
- Plain of Bones (Fortress of Vorag only)
- Dragon Taming: Seek out the secrets of mighty Dragons or defeat them for their allegiance
- Invocation of Eldrazor: Improves and grants experience to Dragon Princes, Lords and heroes
- Greater Invocation of Vaul: Additional bonuses for Dragon units
- Recruitment duration: -1 turn for Dragon and Dragon Prince units
Eye of the VortexEdit
- Complete all rituals.
- Win the following battle: The Final Battle
- Destroy the following faction(s): Hexoatl, Cult of Pleasure, Naggarond, Clan Pestilens, Clan Mors, Followers of Nagash
- Maintain control of 50 province(s), either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies.
Short Campaign VictoryEdit
- Complete 3 of the following: Chapter Objective
- Maintain Control of the following 5 province(s), either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies: Western Badlands, Gnoblar Country, Dragon isles, The Wolf Lands, Caledor
- Destroy the following faction(s): Clan Eshin, Grimgor's 'Ardboyz, Hag Graef
- Ensure that 3 of the following building(s) have been constructed: Tower of Mages, Sanctuary of Asuryan, Dragon Keep, Ithilmar Smith, Handmaidens' Gallery, Warded Walls, Amphitheater, Seaport
- Maintain a total of 5 units of the following type: Sun Dragon, The Puremane Company (White Lions of Chrace), Phoenix Guard, Dragon Princes, Star Dragon, The Fireborn (Dragon Princes), Sisters of Avelorn, Everqueen's Court Guards (Sisters of Avelorn), White Lions of Chrace
Long Campaign VictoryEdit
- Complete 5 of the following: Chapter Objective
- Maintain Control of the following 18 province(s), either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies: Eataine, Yvresse, Saperhy, Cothique, Avelorn, Chrace, Nagarythe, Ellyrion, Tiranoc, Caledor, Eagle Gate, Griffon Gate, Unicorn Gate, Pheonix Gate, Western Badlands, Gnoblar Country, Dragon Isles, The Wolf Lands
- Destroy the following faction(s): Clan Eshin, Grimgor's 'Ardboyz, Hag Graef, Clan Mors
- Ensure that 8 of the following building(s) have been constructed: Tower of Mages, Sanctuary of Asuryan, Dragon Keep, Ithilmar Smith, Handmaidens' Gallery, Warded Walls, Amphitheater, Seaport
- Maintain a total of 15 units of the following type: Sun Dragon, The Puremane Company (White Lions of Chrace), Phoenix Guard, Dragon Princes, Star Dragon, The Fireborn (Dragon Princes), Sisters of Avelorn, Everqueen's Court Guards (Sisters of Avelorn), White Lions of Chrace
- Maintain control of 18 province(s), either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies
- Control any 5 of the following settlements either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies: Couronne, Altdorf, Castle Drakenhof, The Oak of Ages, Miragliano, Skavenblight, Kislev, Hell Pit, Karaz-a-Karak, Karak Eight Peaks, Black Crag, Lahmia, Khemri, irza, Hexoatl, Naggarond, Lothern, Gaean Vale, The Awakening, The Galleon's Graveyard, Sartosa
Eye of the VortexEdit
- War with Dune Kingdoms
- Non-aggression pact and Military Access with Caledor
- Military Access with Bowmen of Oreon
His Mortal Empires start is marked as hard and rightfully so. Expect to scrap with any and all of your neighbors at any moment while handling rebellions and corruption. Generally the best practice is to take out Clan Helhein before immediately taking down Clan Eshin. Consider not declaring war until you can attack on the same turn. Try to wipe him out as quick as possible as the stalking stance and underway allows Skaven to maneuver and attack in ways you as the High Elves can't. From there take out Red Cloud and try to consolidate. Stave off Hag Graef and the Clan Rictus clan-nest or go aggressive and take them out asap.
Your best assets are your dragon princes, Imrik, and the fire mage. All three of them need to put in an enormous amount of work, while the rest of your army is simply meant to hold the enemy in place and weaken the enemy.
Vortex: Imrik starts surrounded by factions, many of them are hostile. Karak Zorn and Broken Axe to the east, Wood Elves to the South, Skaven and humans to the west, Tomb Kings to the north. Bowmen of Oreon are a good ally, although they are isolationist and rarely leave their settlement. You are initially at war with the Dune Kingdoms, so the game encourages you to go north, this is not super difficult, however it does simply put your further into the middle of the desert. You are better off securing your back by clearing the mountains to your east so that you have a stable backbone to rely upon. Be wary of the Greenskins though, with the new Waaagh! mechanic they can spike in power very quickly.