Description[edit | edit source]
Kroq-Gar is an ancient spawning, one of the original Saurus and destined for greatness since birth. He was spawned in the now ruined Temple-City of Xhotl. He possesses a natural ability to tame the wild beasts of Lustria and bind them to his will, as well as an unmatched martial prowess and understanding of strategy. After his spawning, he claimed Grymloq, the greatest and wildest Carnosaur of a recent brood, as his mount.
A few centuries after Kroq-Gar’s birth, the Great Cataclysm of Chaos brought forth the daemon hordes. The Polar Gates, enormous doorways to the stars built by the Old Ones, shattered without warning. In their place, colossal rifts in reality screamed open and Chaos poured forth unto the dream of the Old Ones. Though Kroq-Gar and his comrades slew legions of vile beasts and performed many heroic deeds, the forces of Chaos were without number. Daemons eventually killed Xhotl’s Slann, treacherously using a burst of energy to ambush the local Lizardmen’s revered leader and sending the surviving Saurus into disarray. Upon realizing the city was lost, Kroq-Gar and his band of warriors fought their way out into the jungles. Kroq-Gar’s band fell to the daemonic onslaught one by one, and eventually only he and Grymloq remained alive. The two continued to battle daemons for centuries, and not even losing one of his arms could stop the Last Defender, so great was his determination to avenge his city.
Eventually, the Great Warding of the Asur (with aid from the Slann) siphoned most of Chaos’ power from the material world, starving the daemon armies of their ontological energy and thwarting the Chaos Gods, at least momentarily.
It was Lord Mazdamundi of Hexoatl who granted Kroq-Gar the Hand of Gods, an arcane item that can be used to send forth bolts of killing light at enemies, as a replacement for his lost arm. Kroq-Gar also wields the Spear of Tlanxla, a magnificent weapon said to have been wielded by an Old One in an age long lost to remembrance.
Talent Tree[edit | edit source]
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Legendary Items[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Lord effects[edit | edit source]
If chosen as starting lord:
- Leadership +10 (lord's army)
- Upkeep -50% for Saurus and Cold One units (lord's army)
- Leadership +10 for Stegadon, Terradon, Bastiladon and Carnosaur units (lord's army)
- Armour +10 for Stegadon, Terradon, Bastiladon and Carnosaur units (lord's army)
- Ambush success chance +25% (lord's army)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Kroq-Gar is one of the best Melee Lords, able to slay both enemy characters and units with ease. When mounted upon Grymloq he gains a massive Bonus vs. Large, allowing him to challenge monsters and cavalry. He is a lot more reliable in battle, since his mount Grymloq will never rampage. Kroq-Gar can use the Cold-Blooded ability to keep other rampaging units in the fight longer. In battle, Kroq-Gar is best used to hunt down the biggest and most dangerous targets. He can use his Hand of the Gods to punish blobs of Units, shooting magic missiles at them.
- Starting in The Southlands, he can unlock Grymloq, his unique Carnosaur mount in the campaign, alongside a Cold-One and a Horned-One. He is a melee focused Lord, adding some ranged damage once he unlocks The Hand of the Gods, one of his unique Quest items. His army focuses largely on Saurus Units, Warbeasts and monsters, with Kroq-Gar providing helpful buffs to those Units.