In campaign mode, they are recruited via the Bloodlines mechanic. A Wizard Lord type, she is described as a "Master Infiltrator".
- "Behind every great man is a great woman. And behind those great women is me."
- —Neferata, Queen of the Lahmians
- The Lahmians may not have the brute strength of some of the other bloodlines, but they more than make up for this lack in cunning, deviousness, and their mastery of others. The Lahmians are secret string-pullers of the world, invisibly exerting untellable control over history. Their immortal plots are difficult for short-lived humans to see, and some that were set in motion in antiquity have yet to come to fruition.[1a]
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Dodge: This highly dexterous unit dodges blades and missiles with ease; its luck is known to run out quickly when facing magical weapons, however.
The Lahmian Vampire Lord can provide a strong return-on-investment in the player's Blood Kiss economy, since this Lord strongly supports hero action success and one of the most renewable ways to produce Blood Kisses is to perform hero-assassinations with Banshees. Her abilities even hint at this, named "Queen Bee." Keep her lurking and screening along contested borders with a couple of leveled Banshees and deploy them to assassinate any heroes in sight with your Lahmian Lord in the same territory. Keeping a stack of free skeletons on the Lord and gathering the Banshees into the stack to take easy battles is another way to build up their experience quickly, but once they are sufficiently leveled they can stay occupied as a permanent assassination squad.
The Lahmian Vampire Lord, though it has slightly less health than the normal VL and its Von Carstein Bloodline counterpart (-100) and not carrying a shield, it has Dodge, meaning that unlike most Lords and Heroes getting 15% Missile Resistance, it has 20% Physical Resistance. It's a bit more defensive hero choice, having 15 less Melee Attack and 15 more Melee Defense instead.
The two unique skills the Lahmian Lord can learn at level 10 are: Hive Mind (+10% Campaign Line of Sight and -50% cost and -1 turns construction for the local Vampire Lair building chain), Queen Bee (locally, -50% Hero action cost, +50% Hero success chance and -25% Enemy Hero success chance)
Once she gets to level 10 her unique skill tree likewise opens:
- Deathly Vigour (Perfect Vigor)
- Innocence Lost (+25 bonus vs. infantry)
- Seduction Hex battle ability
In the spell tree, half of her spells come from the Lore of Shadows (also available to Vampire Heroes) instead of the Lore of Vampire.
- Instead of Vanhel's Dance Macabre, she gets The Enfeebling Foe, which she also starts with
- Instead of the Gaze of Nagash she has access to The Penumbral Pendulum
- In place of the Curse of Years she gets Okkam's Mindrazor