- Looking for something else? See our Lord disambiguation page.
Legendary Lords or LLs are powerful individuals from Warhammer Fantasy lore. In Total War: Warhammer and its sequels, they are Lords (a type of character unit) who are playable in the campaign, multiplayer and custom battles. Each campaign must be started with the player choosing a legendary lord + faction.
Most legendary lords lead their own faction that is unique to them.
During a campaign, players can also recruit other legendary lords for their race through diplomacy (confederation), completing certain objectives (especially for factions with multiple legendary lords) or other means. Beastmen can force other legendary lords to confederate with them using Dread. Greenskins and Norsca can force other legendary lords to join them by defeating them in battle.
Note there is also unique lords, which are different to legendary lords.
List of legendary lords by game
Please see the following articles for full lists of legendary lords in each game:
- Total War: Warhammer legendary lords
- Total War: Warhammer II legendary lords
- Total War: Warhammer III legendary lords
How Legendary Lords work
- In campaign, only one of each Legendary Lord can be recruited at a time - they are unique. For instance, there can't be two of Karl Franz on the campaign map.
- When starting a campaign, players pick a faction and then a Legendary Lord to begin with.
- Some factions have multiple legendary lords available.
- In this case, the player must pick one to start the campaign with and then must complete certain objectives to "unlock" his/her faction's other legendary lords for recruitment.
- If a legendary lord belongs to a different faction (of the same race), the player may instead confederate that faction to gain access to the legendary lord.
|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information might be found on the article's talk page.
In some cases, legendary lords which have been indefinitely eliminated from the campaign can actually be revived. The requirements to do this are different for each legendary lord in each campaign.
Skills, abilities and effects:
- Beyond being powerful units in battle, they have access to unique Legendary items, which are especially powerful and cannot be lost in campaign battles.
- Each one has a unique skill tree with personalised skills and abilities.
- Each LL will start the campaign with additional units in their army which are higher tier. For instance Tyrion begins with a Silver Helms (Shields), Ithilmar Chariot and White Lions of Chrace.
- Each LL has their own special effects which apply if they are chosen to start the campaign. These effects may be specific to themselves, their army, or their entire faction.
- Legendary lords may have special unique character traits given to them.
- Defeating a Legendary Lord in Total War: Warhammer II will grant a special trait to the lord that does it. Each LL grants a different trait.
- See Legendary Lord character traits for more info.
- During a campaign, when engaging in diplomacy with a playable faction, that faction will have a Legendary Lord representing them as the faction leader.
- Some legendary lords require paid DLC to play as, others may be free but require the player to download them from Steam manually.
- Legendary Lords will have special quest missions, which often culminate in a set piece battle and the lord gaining a legendary item.
- Legendary Lords cannot permanently die (only be temporarily wounded) unless their entire faction is wiped out.