- Looking for something else? See our Lord page.
Each army may only contain one Lord.
The Lord is the army general/commander and provides a leadership aura which grants bonus leadership to his/her units as long as they are within a certain radius. This can be seen as a blue circle around the Lord when he/she is selected.
Lords are generally a single unit or soldier (rather than a unit made up of many soldiers). They have high HP and powerful attacks. They can also gain experience points through battle and level up. When a Lord levels up, they gain a skill point to unlock new abilities on their skill tree.
In the Grand Campaign, Lords can be equipped with Items and Followers which provide them with abilities, attributes and stat bonuses. They also have access to Banners, Runes and Marks of Chaos which can be carried around and assigned to units in their army before a battle.
Types of Lords
Lords generally fall into one of two categories:
- Melee specialist: characters which are expert at fighting in melee combat.
- Wizards/Spellcasters: characters which can use the Winds of Magic to cast powerful spells.
- Ranged: characters which are most effective fighting at range.
Some may be adept at both melee and spellcasting.
All kinds of lords can provide various buffs to the units under their control.
- Main article: Legendary Lords.
Legendary Lords are special, unique Lords available to playable factions. They are powerful individuals from Warhammer lore, such as Karl Franz or Archaeon, and are considered those factions' commanders.
- Main article: Unique lords.
- Unique lords are Lords which are not in command of playable factions, but who have unique names and models. They may be recruited by playable factions and share many attributes with Legendary Lords, often having unique skill trees. These include powerful individuals from Warhammer lore, such as Boris Todbringer and The Red Duke.
This page is in need of being brought up to date. Please help Total War: WARHAMMER Wiki by inaccurate or outdated information.
This is a list of all the generic lords in the series, not including legendary lords and unique lords.
Factions Introduced in Total War: Warhammer
Factions Introduced in Total War: Warhammer II
|Dark Elves||Dreadlord (Sword & Shield)||Infantry||Melee|
|Dreadlord (Sword & Crossbow)||Infantry||Ranged|
|Supreme Sorceress||Infantry||Spellcaster||The Queen and the Crone|
|High Beastmaster||Infantry||Melee/Support||The Shadow and the Blade|
|Archmage||Infantry||Spellcaster||The Warden and the Paunch|
|Saurus Old Blood||Infantry||Melee|
|Red Crested Skink Chief||Infantry||Melee||Prophet and the Warlock|
|Kroxigor Ancient||Monster||Melee||Hunter and the Beast|
|Warlock Master||Infantry||Spellcaster||Prophet and the Warlock|
|Master Assassin||Infantry||Ranged||The Shadow and the Blade|
|Tomb Kings||Tomb King||Infantry||Melee||Rise of the Tomb Kings|
|Vampire Coast||Vampire Fleet Admiral||Infantry||Melee/Spellcaster||Curse of the Vampire Coast|