"Still, them Engineers can cast a good cannon, and they know how they work like no one else. You want to land a shot on a Goblin a mile away, ask an Engineer to lay the gun for you, and he'll ask you which eye you want to hit."
Description[edit | edit source]
Given the number of war machines with which the Dwarfs can equip themselves, it is not surprising to find members of the Engineers' Guild accompanying a throng to battle. To most Master Engineers, this "field work" is tiresome, as it takes them away from their forges and workshops and shows them first-hand how their beloved engines of destruction are dragged into position, dented by enemy shot and invariably not as fully optimised as would be ideal. As all Dwarfs revere fine craftsmanship, their war machines are the most polished and best cared-for in the world, treated by their crews with all the respect due a venerable Clan member. Nonetheless, even this level of care falls well short of the wishes of the notoriously cantankerous Engineers. Master Engineers are doughty warriors who, although more interested in drafting plans for fortifications or designing new mines, are more than capable of fighting in the frontlines. To protect their precious war machines, they fight with all the determination and grit of their race.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Ballistics Expert: This unit improves all nearby friendly missile units.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Master Engineers are good for their aura buffs to artillery and ranged units, making them even more devastating and accurate. These buffs also stack, so double Engineers can boost the range of artillery to very high levels. Entrenchment is a good ability when two ranged units are targeting each other, giving your units the physical resistance to weather the storm and the punch to hit back.
The Engineers themselves are a decent ranged hero, they should be set on high value monsters or characters for most of a battle. This makes it easier for them to consistently, hit as their enemies hit boxes tend to be larger for these unfortunately small and slow Dwarfs.
Campaign Actions[edit | edit source]
This Hero can perform the following actions on the campaign map:
- Heavy Lifting
- Increases the campaign movement range of the parent army by 10%
- Embed Hero
- Embeds the Hero into the army, joining it in battle
- Knuckle Down
- Modifies construction costs in the local province by -10%
- Modifies the campaign movement range of the target army by -50%
- Positive outcome base chance: 50%
- Kills the target character
- Positive outcome base chance: 25%
- Modifies the ammunition of enemy armies' artillery in the local province by -30%
- Damage Walls
- Damages the walls of the target settlement
- Positive outcome base chance: 50%
- Cleanse Corruption
Some of these actions can be improved by putting points into the relevant skills in the character's campaign skill tree.
Skill Tree[edit | edit source]
Standalone Skills[edit | edit source]
- Ancestral Grudge
- Weapon Strength: +3% when fighting against Greenskins
- Weapon Strength: +8% when fighting against Greenskins
- Weapon Strength: +15% when fighting against Greenskins
- Relentless (Requires rank 11)
|Standardised Firing Drill|
|Reload time reduction: +8% for artillery and missile infantry units (Hero's army)|
|Requisition||Technical Enhancements||Triangulation||Dead Eye|
|Ammunition: +3% for artillery and missile infantry units (Hero's army)||Armour: +3||Missile damage: +3% for artillery and missile infantry units (Hero's army)||Range: +3%|
|Grants the ability Ballistics Calibration|
|Overseer||Defensive Coordinator||Ballistics Instructor||Sapper|
|Leadership aura size: +10%||Reload time reduction: +3% for towers in siege battles (Hero's army)||Range: +2% for artillery (Hero's army)||Speed: +3% for artillery and missile infantry units (Hero's army)|
|Grants the ability Extra Powder|