"Nakai earned his epithet due to his solitary nature, for instead of pledging himself to a single temple-city, he goes wherever the Great Plan deems it necessary – whenever the Lizardmen are in dire need; when catastrophe threatens their existence. He is revered by the Skinks, who adorn him with tokens of his many battles fought in preservation of his race and the furtherance of the Great Plan."
- —The Wanderer.
The Kroxigor Ancient known as Nakai the Wanderer is a revered creature, regarded by Skink Priests as a powerful jungle-spirit made manifest. Though he has traveled all over the world, he is a mighty protector of the Lizardmen, appearing anywhere out of the jungle during times of need, before disappearing once more. He famously appeared at the Defence of Itza, wreaked havoc at the Red Fields and was recently reported at the Great Reckoning.
His presence is a tangible portent that a battle of great import is about to take place. In the aftermath of such major events, the Skink Priests treat Nakai with deference, adorning his massive, battle-scarred body with ceremonial tokens. Over the millennia of victories, Nakai has become quite festooned with such golden tributes.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Aquatic: Where other units of small stature struggle to fight and move in shallow water, Aquatic units excel.
- ↑ Predatory Senses: These units are natural hunters that can sense prey hiding nearby.
Campaign starting units
Eye of the Vortex & Mortal Empires
- +5 Melee defence for Kroxigors and Sacred Kroxigors
- -10% Recruitment cost for Kroxigors and Sacred Kroxigors
Nakai is a solid damage dealing tank. He moves quickly, augments units around him that preserves their vigour and provides physical resistance. Miasma of Despair also reduces vigour, speed, and leadership. Nakai is a good anti-armour unit that can take on infantry or large units. His lord effects also give defensive boosts to other Kroxigor units in his army. As they are monstrous infantry and their biggest weakness is being swarmed by small infantry, this helps their survivability greatly.