Names of Power
Name of Power is a unique game mechanic introduced in Total War: Warhammer II and available exclusively to all Dark Elves factions which allows the player to permanently buff most standard lords and one hero with a variety of effects by spending skill points that trigger special dilemmas offering a choice of two unique traits.
The player can spend a skill point on the appropriate skill to automatically trigger a random dilemma associated with the relevant category, for example, a Martial Name of Power skill will trigger a random Martial Name of Power dilemma which always presents the same two Martial Names of Power options.
Categories[edit | edit source]
There are 38 Names of Power grouped into three separate categories each granting bespoke bonuses, namely:
Aristocratic[edit | edit source]
- Influences the province in which the lord is standing or the faction as a whole.
- Can be gained by spending one skill point on the "Aristocratic Name of Power" skill in the character skill tree.
- The Aristocratic Name of Power skill triggers one of the six Aristocratic Name of Power dilemmas immediately.
Some family names are best forgotten; others are worthy of resurrection, as they engender fear and respect among the masses.
Martial[edit | edit source]
- Improves the character's own combat skills.
- Can be gained by spending one skill point on the "Martial Name of Power" skill in the character skill tree.
- The Martial Name of Power skill triggers one of the seven Martial Name of Power dilemmas immediately.
This one has adopted a warrior name to strike fear into enemy hearts, a moniker backed up by their deeds in battle.
Revered[edit | edit source]
- Improves the lord's army.
- Can be gained by spending one skill point on the "Revered Name of Power" skill in the character skill tree.
- The Revered Name of Power skill triggers one of the six Revered Name of Power dilemmas immediately.
This one's chosen name is muttered in hushed tones, reflecting as it does their proclivities.
Availability[edit | edit source]
- Each character is restricted to a single Name of Power so if more than one of the associated skills are available in the skill tree, they will be locked.
- From all hero units, only the Master has access to a Name of Power and only of the Aristocratic Name of Power category.
- From the lord units, all standard lords have access to all three Name of Power categories except the Black Ark Admiral lord which cannot access the Aristocratic Name of Power.
- Legendary lords do not have access to any Names of Power categories.
List[edit | edit source]
|Name of Power||Category||Effects||Dilemma|
|Barbedlash||Aristocratic||The New Vassals|
|Beastbinder||Revered||The Wild Beast|
|Black Conqueror||Artistocratic||Spoils of Victory|
|Dark Marshall||Artistocratic||The New Vassals|
|Emeraldeye||Aristocratic||The Gem of the Sorceress|
|Emeraldpath||Aristocratic||Immune to attrition (Lord's Army)|
|Fangshield||Revered||The Wild Beast
|Fateshielded||Martial||Ward save: +10%||The Hex|
|Gatesmiter||Aristocratic||Assault on the Manor|
|Granitestance||Revered||Tide of Battle|
|Griefbringer||Martial||Attacks cause "Discouraged" effect, reducing enemy leadership||The Hex|
||The Priest of Vaul|
||Spoils of Victory|
|Leviathanrage||Aristocratic||Assault on the Manor|
||Tide of Battle|
|Pathguard||Aristocratic||Immune to attrition||The Gem of the Sorceress|
||The Priest of Vaul|
|Tempest of Talons||Revered||The Caravan|
|The Dire Overseer||Aristocratic||The Captive|
|The Grey Vanquisher||Revered||The Raid|
|The Hand of Wrath||Martial||The Teacher|
|The Tormentor||Aristocratic||The Captive|