Swamp Town and Port Reaver are the two cities the Colonies control at the start of the game.
Despite the brothels and taverns making up its decadent core, Swamp Town is no place for excess. With a name the inhabitants had shown surprising honesty with, Swamp Town is malarial and grubby. Its crudely built huts and hovels are riddled with termites and slimed with mould; even the newest of them stink of decay as they rot slowly back into the ground from which they had sprung. They stink further as they decompose, each of them filled with the rank odour of rotten vegetation and other, more revolting things. But if the air indoors is dank, the air outside is even worse. After what a voyager had experienced crossing the ocean, and the clean air of sea breezes, the humidity here is choking, an asthmatic fog that drones with the constant hum of countless biting flies. After just two hours ashore, those without tough, leathery skin find themselves covered with an agonizing itch of bites and incisions.
Past the rickety bamboo pier, even the streets ooze. Mud and shit suck hungrily at one's feet with every cloying step, insinuating itself into the damp leather of boots and spilling over the cuffs.
- Settler's Coast (Port Reaver and Swamp Town only)
- Northern Jungles of Pahualaxa (Port Reaver and Swamp Town only)
- The Colonies can be a powerful ally for Lord Mazdamundi's Hexoatl faction, if you can stomach their occupation of the coast. They are one of the first allies you can gain and can be very useful to project power (after a military alliance) against the Dark Elves in the North, in the inhospitable climates.
- However, they can also block off access to the south, and will be contesting you for control of Settler's Coast once you defeat Skeggi.
- In addition to being an ally of Hexoatl, the Colonies are also one of the very rare friendly faces for Markus Wulfhart and his Huntmarshal's Expedition.
- Their crest comes from the banner of Pirazzo's Lost Legion, a Dogs of War regiment in the tabletop books.
- The Colonies were previously led by Philipp Billings but he was replaced by Helmut Nussbacker in The Empire Undivided Update.
- In The Empire Undivided Update patchnotes it was written that "Philipp Billings has had quite enough of the mosquitos, snakes and angry tropical Norscans attacking the New World Colonies, and has headed back to the Old World for a well-earned break.", explaining the change of the faction's lord from a General of the Empire to a Huntsman General.
- While they can operate a full roster of Empire troops if they gain territory, they cannot be confederated with by any playable Empire faction.