Night Goblin Archers (Fanatics) is a Greenskins missile infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer. Between bow shots, the Night Goblin Archers send their Fanatic hostages forth to cause mayhem.
Night Goblins are well suited to their subterranean existence. They range in size, but many are on the stunted side, which better enables the spiteful creatures to move quickly through the tight cavernways below ground. Night Goblins are easily marked out from other Greenskins as they wear long, dark, hooded cloaks, in part to blend in with the poorly lit tunnels but mostly to protect themselves from the hated sunlight should they venture above ground. Given a choice, Night Goblins only leave their underground lairs at night or when the sun is shrouded by cloud or gloomspell. When they do emerge, Night Goblins launch deadly raids, ambush travellers in mountain passes, and commit countless other malicious deeds. They are particular enemies of the Dwarfs, and the two races share a long history of bitter battles on mountainous peaks and below ground.
- ↑ Poison Attacks: The poisonous attacks of this unit weaken the target's speed, damage, and vigour. Applies the Poison! debuff.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
- ↓ Poor Leadership: This unit suffers from poor leadership and will easily rout. Keep its flanks secure and your Lord or other encouraging units nearby.
- ↓ Weak Against Armour: This unit's attack can hardly punch through armour and is thus wasted on heavily armoured enemies.
- ↑ Special Ranged Weapon: This unit has a special missile attack with limited ammunition, which can be very useful when initiating attacks.
The special ranged weapon referred to above is the active ability Spinning Loons, which is where the fanatics are released at the enemy lines.