Outriders (Grenade Launcher) is a Empire cavalry unit in Total War: Warhammer. Fast and dependable, an Outrider can be in one place to fire, then be in another to fire again moments later.
Outriders are grim men who are both the commanders and drill instructors of the Pistolkorps. Outriders are rarely noblemen, but rather they are veterans elevated from the ranks of the state regiments, sergeants and officers who have shown an affinity for horsemanship and a talent for training new recruits. Outriders typically wear ornate armour, for noblemen pay well for their sons to learn the art of war. They also tend to sport eccentrically waxed moustaches to differentiate themselves from their younger charges. Outriders also form into separate regiments, sometimes to show their charges exactly how it's done, but also to display their own martial discipline to any noblemen in the army that might be looking for an experienced instructor to tutor their own sons. As the Pistolkorps is funded in part by the Imperial Engineers School, Outriders are equipped with deadly repeater handguns, weapons capable of unleashing devastating storms of lead at long range. The leader of the Outriders, inevitably the keenest shot in the regiment, will often be armed with an even more outlandish weapon as befits his status, gifted to him by a patron engineer.
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
- ↓ Can't Attack Air: Some ranged weapons, like grenade launchers, bombs or blasting charges, can't target airborne units.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
- These cavalry are actually devastating against light infantry and archers alike. Their grenade attacks will send the enemy formation staggering into disarray, stunlocking them while dealing heavy AOE damage. Very poor against single entities and they will die quickly to supporting archer fire, but can duel individual archers with the stunlocking.
- YouTuber's Zerkovich spotlight on 5 UNITS THAT ARE BETTER THAN THEY SEEM! - Total War: Warhammer 2