Oxyotl, known as He That Hunts Unseen, is a legendary and much-feared Chameleon Skink who was at one time, the last and greatest Chameleon Hunter within the jungle-continent of Lustria, an ancient being who was alive when Chaos first came to this very world. Since his return from the Realm of Chaos, Oxyotl has waged a war of revenge against the fell powers. How the Chameleon Skink detects the presence of the Dark Gods’ minions is unknown, yet time after time, the Daemons arrive to find Oxyotl already ensconced nearby, a hidden nuisance that always finds a way to thwart their immortal plans.
When the daemonic legions burst forth at Xahutec in numbers beyond count, the Lizardmen garrison could not have withheld against their onslaught were it not for the timely arrival of Oxyotl. He arrived leading several bands of Chameleon Skinks and appeared just as the defenders were beginning to collapse. From atop the uppermost ruins of that once fabled temple-city, Oxyotl and his well-camouflaged troops rained down showers of poison darts that turned back every enemy breakthrough.
At the height of the Siege of Hexoatl, Oxyotl left the fighting and made his way to the long-corrupted spawning pool now known as the Pit of Sorrows. There, secreted in the ruins of that once-sacred site, he met Tzara'riador the Shimmering, a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, even as he materialized into the mortal world. It was Tzara'riador's intention to open a rift allowing a Daemon host to lend their weight to the attack against Hexoatl, yet the Greater Daemon found only death in a hail of barbed darts, and he fell with his vile ritual incomplete. After each great deed, Oxyotl merely fades back into the jungle, perhaps already en route to where he is needed next.
- ↑ Scaling Damage: The amount of damage this unit causes increases based upon the number of hitpoints the target has lost
- ↑ Chameleon: This unit can move hidden in any terrain and is exceptionally hard to target with missile attacks.
- ↑ Fire Whilst Moving: This unit can fire while on the move.
- ↑ Stalk: This unit can move hidden in any terrain.
- The Golden Blowpipe of P'Toohee
Campaign starting units
Eye of the Vortex
- Armour-piercing missile damage : +50% for all Skink infantry units (Lord's army )
- Experience gain for units: +200% when fighting against Beastmen , Chaos and Norsca (Lord's army )
- Has access to Masterful Ambush stance, requiring less movement range to adopt and with a reduced detection chance (Lord's army )
- Immune to diplomatic penalties from trespassing (Lord's army )
Defeat/victory trait: One that Hunts the Unseen
- Attribute: Vanguard Deployment
The secrets of the world's fate are now cast into oblivion along with the ancient hunter's soul.
Oxyotl serves as a strong stealthy ranged fighter. His abilities, as well as him being a chamelion skink allow him to get a far distance, remain hidden, and slowly pick off the enemy one by one.
- Total War: WARHAMMER II – The Silence & The Fury FAQ (Total War Blog)