It is capable of colonising ruins at level 3 instead of the usual level 1 , and at a fraction of the cost instead of the usual 2500 coins (assuming a straight-up colonisation without an army unit contribution).
It may provide a huge strategic advantage when deployed efficiently, specially since using its only hero action will kill it.
This Necrotect's one aim is to spend his Unlife colonising a ruined settlement, a power given to him through the Rite of the Great Incantation of Ptra.
- Colonise ruins
- Use Ptra's Necrotect to rush a settlement main building, for example, on your battle front to follow-up with defence or more powerful unit recruitment buildings.
- It is more efficient to colonise a province capital.
- Protect your Ptra's Necrotect because it can be wounded or even assassinated.
- You can have more than one Ptra's Necrotect on your campaign map at the same time but you are probably better off deploying it as soon as possible to maximise your strategic advantage.
- Ptra's Necrotect serves no other purpose other than rush a settlement main building because it is its single hero action, has no abilities or attributes and cannot be embedded into an army.