- Not to be confused with Beastlords.
Rakarth, also known as Beastlord Rakarth, is a Dark Elves Legendary Lord introduced as a free DLC in Total War: Warhammer II. In battle, he is a fearsome combatant who buffs monsters and rides a Black Dragon. Rakarth and his faction has access to the Monster Pens campaign mechanic, allowing his armies to recruit various monsters and beasts from different races.
- 1 Description
- 2 Skill tree
- 3 Attributes
- 4 Character abilities
- 5 Items
- 6 Mounts
- 7 Starting location
- 8 Additional campaign starting units
- 9 Effects
- 10 Character traits
- 11 Strategy
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Gallery
Description[edit | edit source]
- Bracchus, we have a visitor! Shall we greet them, or flay them alive? - Rakarth to his dragon
Of all known Beastmasters in the Old World, Beastlord Rakarth of Karond Kar is truly in a league of his own. His gift for taming beasts was evident as a child when, armed with only a piercing stare, he calmed the Black Dragon Bracchus, forming a bond out of a shared lust for carnage and cruelty.
Skill tree[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Charge Defence Against Large Foes: When standing and bracing against a charge of large enemies (such as cavalry or monsters) this unit will negate the enemy's charge bonus.
Character abilities[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Starting location[edit | edit source]
Mortal Empires & Eye of the Vortex campaign[edit | edit source]
Rakarth starts in and owing the Isle of Wights minor settlement in the province of Albion of the Old World.
Additional campaign starting units[edit | edit source]
Mortal Empires[edit | edit source]
Eye of the Vortex[edit | edit source]
Effects[edit | edit source]
TWW2[edit | edit source]
- Monster Pens: Capture a variety of hideous beasts and send them into battle
- Forces do not receive vigour penalties from raiding Stance.
- -10% Upkeep cost for monstrous units
- +8 Melee defence for monstrous units (Lord's army)
- Recruitment duration -1 for all monstrous units (minimum 1) (Lord's army)
- Ability: Whiplash!
- Ability: Beastlord's Gaze
Character traits[edit | edit source]
Personal traits[edit | edit source]
Defeat/victory trait[edit | edit source]
Beastmaster of None
- Bonus vs Large: +8
- Leadership: -5 for enemy monstrous units (local enemy armies) The Beastlord is dead, long live the Beastlord!
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rakarth is voiced by actor Iwan Rheon, known for his role as Ramsay Bolton in the Game of Thrones TV series.