- Not to be confused with Beastlords.
Rakarth, also known as Beastlord Rakarth, is a Dark Elves Legendary Lord introduced as a free DLC in Total War: Warhammer II. In battle, he is a fearsome combatant who buffs monsters and rides a Black Dragon. Rakarth and his faction has access to the Monster Pens campaign mechanic, allowing his armies to recruit various monsters and beasts from different races.
- 1 Description
- 2 Skill tree
- 3 Attributes
- 4 Character abilities
- 5 Items
- 6 Mounts
- 7 Starting location
- 8 Additional campaign starting units
- 9 Effects
- 10 Character traits
- 11 Strategy
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Gallery
- Bracchus, we have a visitor! Shall we greet them, or flay them alive? - Rakarth to his dragon
Of all known Beastmasters in the Old World, Beastlord Rakarth of Karond Kar is truly in a league of his own. His gift for taming beasts was evident as a child when, armed with only a piercing stare, he calmed the Black Dragon Bracchus, forming a bond out of a shared lust for carnage and cruelty.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Charge Defence Against Large Foes: When standing and bracing against a charge of large enemies (such as cavalry or monsters) this unit will negate the enemy's charge bonus.
Mortal Empires & Eye of the Vortex campaign
Rakarth starts in and owing the Isle of Wights minor settlement in the province of Albion of the Old World.
Additional campaign starting units
Eye of the Vortex
- Monster Pens: Capture a variety of hideous beasts and send them into battle
- Forces do not receive vigour penalties from raiding Stance.
- -10% Upkeep cost for monstrous units
- +8 Melee defence for monstrous units (Lord's army)
- Recruitment duration -1 for all monstrous units (minimum 1) (Lord's army)
- Ability: Whiplash!
- Ability: Beastlord's Gaze
Beastmaster of None
- Bonus vs Large: +8
- Leadership: -5 for enemy monstrous units (local enemy armies) The Beastlord is dead, long live the Beastlord!
- Rakarth is voiced by actor Iwan Rheon, known for his role as Ramsay Bolton in the Game of Thrones TV series.