Repanse de Lyonesse
"Repanse de Lyonesse, or the ‘Damoiselle de Guerre’ as she is known throughout Bretonnia, is a revered knight of the Chevaliers de Lyonesse. Armed with the mighty Sword of Lyonesse and fighting beside her trusty paladin companion, Henri Le Massif, she embodies the unrelenting crusading spirit of her brethren."
- —Repanse, Duchess of Lyonesse.
In the campaign, she leads the Chevaliers de Lyonesse faction. In the Eye of the Vortex campaign, the faction does not seek to influence the vortex, and therefore does not engage in the race for control of it. Instead, the campaign is focused on gathering Chivalry and banishing undead factions.
Repanse was born in 1990 IC and grew up as a humble and devoutly religious shepherdess in Lyonesse. In 2007 IC, a Chaos horde invaded, besieged the city of Couronne and slew King Louis the Brave as he fought in its defence.
Chaos raiders soon spread out across the land, burning and destroying. Everywhere knights were hacked down as they defied impossible odds. At this dark moment, amid the smoking ruins of her own village, Repanse saw the Lady of the Lake.
The Lady appeared to speak, telling her to rid the land of these invading forces. Inspired by her vision, Repanse donned armour that she found on a slain knight and grabbed the reins of a terrified warhorse which was running loose.
She broke open the reliquary of the village Grail Chapel and took up the ancient sword she found within it. Snatching a tapestry with the Fleur de Lys from the wall to use as a banner, she fastened it to a lance and rode forth to rally the disheartened knights of Lyonesse.
When the retreating knights saw a mere damsel bravely setting off to do battle with the mighty warriors of Chaos, and one who was undoubtedly favoured by the Lady of the Lake, they were shamed and felt honour bound to follow her to death or glory. While the ramparts of Couronne were cracking under the impact of the battering rams of the Chaos Lord, Kharan the Blighted, word was brought of a new Bretonnian army approaching fast and trampling beneath their hooves any foe in their path.
As the great doors were about to give way, the banner of the dreaded Damoiselle appeared leading a great host of Knights arrayed in a single lancehead formation. They cleft their way through the Chaos ranks shattering the Chaos army until Repanse was face to face with the Chaos Lord himself.
When he raised his great sword above his grimacing visage he was momentarily dazzled by Repanse's radiant aura, and she beheaded him with a single sword stroke. Couronne was saved and the remnants of the enemy were pursued to the sea and justly put to death. In gratitude, King Louis the Young of Bretonnia bestowed upon Repanse not only all the honours of knighthood but also the Dukedom of Lyonesse.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
When picked as your starting legendary lord:
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
- Repanse starts with the Knight's Vow and Questing Vow Unlocked
- Chivalry: +10
- Physical Resistance: 5% for all Peasant units
- Leadership: +5 for all Peasant units
- Ability: "Halo of Maidenly Wrath"
- Suleman (Barded Warhorse)