"Once a single being, divided into siblings by The Weave, Naestra and Arahan are two sides of the same coin. They work together in the service of queen Ariel, marshalling the woodland warriors at her command, and cannot be slain unless both fall in battle."
- —The Sisters of Twilight.
High in the alpine slopes of the Pine Crags, the Eyrie of Twilight dominates the skyline. Herein lie the elegant halls of Naestra and Arahan, the Sisters of Twilight. The twins are as different as night from day, not just in appearance, but in personality. Naestra’s spirit is as pure as starlight; Arahan’s as wild as an unbridled flame. While Naestra seeks battle only in pursuit of preventing greater harms, Arahan welcomes it with a wanton joy. If truth be told, Naestra always seems reproving of her sister’s deeds, though this only ever increases Arahan’s delight. Despite their differences, the twins are inseparable — never has one been sighted without the other in all the time they have dwelt in Athel Loren.
- ↑ Multi-Shot Ammunition: This unit can switch its ammunition to fire multiple smaller shots instead of one large one. This is not as accurate or effective against large targets, but the spread of missiles can be helpful against hordes.
- ↑ Forest Stalker: The Elves of Athel Loren gain bonuses to melee defence and accuracy while fighting within the forest.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing Missiles: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Very Fast: This unit can run circles around most other units, taunting and harrassing the enemy or evading its missile fire.
The sisters can switch between two ammunition types similar to an Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower.
- Talon of Dawn: Armour-piercing bonus vs. large shots with the Sunder Armour effect
- Bolts of blessed light melt through armour to sear the flesh beneath
- Talon of Dusk: Armour-piercing Anti-infantry scattershot that imbues Poison!
- Once loosed, these arrows splinter into scores of poisonous thorns that seek the flesh of Athel Loren's enemies.
- Upkeep -15% for missile units (Lord's army)
- Melee attack +10 for flying units (Lord's army)
- Charge bonus +15% for flying units (Lord's army)
- The unit is always mounted, never appearing on foot
- Gwindalor (Great Eagle)
- Ceithin-Har (Forest Dragon)
- Naestra is the dark haired and more composed twin, Arahan is the white haired and more violent twin.
- In the campaign dialogue, Naestra's words are shown in green, while Arahan's words are shown in blue. When they speak together, their words are shown in purple.
- Naestra's name should be pronounced as "NEE-strah".
- Naestra and Arahan will angrily refer other Wood Elf factions as "traitors", even if the other Wood Elf faction in question has positive diplomatic relations with the Heralds of Ariel.