Skarsnik is a Greenskins Legendary Lord introduced in Total War: Warhammer's first DLC expansion. Pernicious and sly, Skarsnik retains command through deception, subterfuge and no small amount of murder.
Skarsnik is the chieftain of the Crooked Moon tribe and the most powerful Night Goblin in the World's Edge Mountains. All of the surrounding Greenskin tribes acknowledge Skarsnik's overlordship of the peaks, valleys and upper levels of the ruined Dwarfhold of Karak Eight Peaks. Through devious machinations and relentless spite, he has risen to command in the midst of the bitter and ongoing three-way battle between the Greenskins, Dwarfs and Skaven. A merciless opponent, Skarsnik is forever devising new traps with which to lure his enemies to their doom. His mere name kindles incandescent rage in Dwarfs; it is said that the abominable deeds of Skarsnik have gained their own chapter in the Book of Grudges, but the Dwarfs are not alone in hating Skarsnik. The Skaven have made innumerable pacts with the Greenskins, only to find themselves double-crossed by arguably the shrewdest Night Goblin ever. Skarsnik orders heaps of Skaven skulls stacked into grim monuments to demoralise his ratmen foes. Queek Headtaker, second in command and Right-Claw to the Grand Ruler of Clan Mors, has vowed to place the head of Skarsnik on his trophy rack. Not a day goes by in Karak Eight Peaks without some plot, probing raid, ambush, assassination or full-scale assault. Yet still Skarsnik rules supreme. By the light of flickering candles made of Dwarf-fat, Skarsnik sits on his iron throne and plots yet more wicked schemes of conquest.
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- ↑ Poison Attacks: The poisonous attacks of this unit weaken the target's speed, damage, and vigour. Applies the Poison! debuff.
- Skarsnik's Prodder: Magical staff that increases melee attack, public order, income from post-battle loot, and gives a missile ability
Despite being a goblin skarsnik is a tanky melee combatant. Him and Gobbla have more health than the average Greenskin Lord as well as armour-piercing and a bonus vs. large. He also has poison to hurt the effectiveness of his enemies.
Tricksy Traps is a niche ability that can be used creatively to hide a unit and surprise the enemy. Fermented Fungi is a deadly ability that lowers the melee defence and can rampage an enemy if they have taken some damage. This makes them easy pickings for being focused down.