|Please help spruce up this article by adding an image. New images can be uploaded here or by clicking on a red image link.|
Skink Priests claim that the twin-tailed beasts [Trogolodons] are marked by the Old Ones, the Serpent God Sotek or perhaps both. The ferocious creatures are untameable and all who approach a Troglodon provoke a lethal attack, with one exception. A Skink Oracle, a lone Skink spawned with a forked tail, can instantly tame the Pale Death, often adorning it with gems or precious metals to show its sacred status. The Troglodon deigns to serve as a mount for the tiny Oracle and, once bound into service, the loathsome beast will never abandon its master.
Mounted on a Troglodon, a Skink Oracle travels the land, using his obscure divining powers to seek out lost artefacts of the Old Ones or to investigate disturbances felt in the Geomantic Web. As with the Skink Priests, Slann Mage-Priests can see the world through the eyes of a Skink Oracle and can cast spells through them. This telepathic link means the Oracles often appear just when they are most needed - further adding to the superstitions surrounding the mysterious Skinks and their revered mounts. All Lizardmen rally at the wailing cry of the Troglodon, for its eerie call stirs their savagery and proves they have the Old Ones' favour.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Causes Terror: This unit can cause terror, making its melee target rout for a short time. Units that cause terror are immune to terror and fear themselves.
- ↑ Poison Attacks: The poisonous attacks of this unit weaken the target's speed, damage, and vigour. Applies the Poison! debuff.
- Earth Blood (Lore of Life)
- Harmonic Convergence (Lore of Heavens)
- Wind Blast (Lore of Heavens)
- Fireball (Lore of Fire)
- Wyssan's Wildform (Lore of Beasts)
- Flock of Doom (Lore of Beasts)