On occasion, a Skink spawning will not produce an entire cohort from the pools of life, as is the norm, but instead only a single Skink will issue forth. These individuals are marked by the Old Ones and destined to lead, or otherwise achieve greatness amongst their kind. Those Skinks attuned to the energies of the world and that show an aptitude for magic are the Skink Priests, the most intelligent of their kind. Their role is to become the personal attendants of the mighty Slann Mage-Priests, and act as the prophets of the Lizardmen, as the only ones capable of interpreting and executing the will of their Slann masters. This is rarely straightforward, as entranced Slann do little more than mumble, yet each utterance, even the most incoherent whisper, might have vast consequences - for of all living creatures, the Slann are the most powerful of mages, and they alone worked under orders from the Old Ones. As it is strictly forbidden to disturb an entranced Slann in any but the direst of times, it is left to a Skink Priest to make many daily decisions for the whole of Lizardmen society. On behalf of their masters, it is their role to ensure that the Great Plan comes to fruition.
- ↑ Aquatic: Where other units of small stature struggle to fight and move in shallow water, Aquatic units excel.
- ↑ Ethereal: Ethereal units ignore most damage done by non-magical weapons. As they have shed most of their physical form, they are not slowed by terrain-based movement penalties either.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- Pann's Impenetable Pelt (Lore of Beasts)
- Wind Blast (Lore of Heavens)
- Comet of Casandora (Lore of Heavens)