Summons or spawned units are units brought onto the battlefield through magic spells (especially unique spells) or army abilities rather than being brought as part of a regular army. To balance the power of these abilities, summoned units will gradually lose health over time. In campaign mode, summoned units do not persist after a battle ends.
Most of these are classed as augment or explosion spells, but all summon new units.
- Spawns a Feral Manticore
- For the Von Carstein Vampire Lord version, spawns a Varghulf
- The Wood Elves (except Wargrove of Woe) & High Elves version spawns a Great Eagle
- Spawns a Cygor
- Awaken from the Grave
- Command of the Unliving
- Spawns a unit of Crypt Ghouls, or a unit of Crypt Horrors when overcast. Strigoi Ghoul Kings and Strigoi Vampire Lords only.
- Spawns a unit of Plague Monks.
- Spawns a unit of Clanrats.
- Drowned Dead
- Available to Vampire Coast casters, replaces Raise Dead from the Lore of the Vampires.
- Spawns a unit of Zombie Pirate Deckhands Mob, or a unit of Zombie Pirate Gunnery Mob when overcast.
- Denizens of the Deep
- Spawns a unit of Rotting Prometheans.
- Spawns a unit of Spider Hatchlings.
- Spawns a unit of Clanrats, who burst forth from a tunnel. Available to Skaven at the cost of Food.
- Spawns an ethereal Skink Priest Avatar. Available to Lizardmen after constructing a certain Lizardmen building.
- Available to Ghosts of Pahaux
- Summons a unit of Chameleon Stalkers
- Maternal Instinct
- Lord of Undeath
- Summons a controllable fake "image" of Alith Anar which does not cause damage. Alith Anar only.
- Ghosts of the Past