Taurox the Brass Bull, known also as the Slaughterhorn, the Bloodbeast, or as the Brazen One, is an all-mighty Minotaur chieftain who was responsible for laying a trail of destruction all across the lands of the Great Forest of Talabecland. It is not just the warherds of the Gors and Ungors that are rising up in greater numbers than ever before. All across Talabecland there spread legends of this giant bullheaded fiend with a body of living brass.
It is told that this monstrous warrior marches at the head of a column of armoured Minotaurs fully a mile long, and that whenever the scent of flesh is carried upon the wind, whether it be Greenskin tribes, Human towns, or Beastmen warherds, the column breaks into a frenzy-stampede to seek and destroy them. The tales are corroborated by sentries across the Old World who have seen the forests scarred and torn down by the Minotaur army's rampage as it passes below.
Riders following this trail of devastation on the swiftest of horses have reported its passage through and over market towns, armoured barracks, Flagellant camps, sacred temples and riverside wharfs, leaving nothing but ruin and great smears of blood that extend out of the other side of each site for many leagues. Of the inhabitants of these unfortunate locales there is invariably no sign other than the odd scattered boot or broken sword. Most disturbing of all, the outriders swear that the Brass Bull's army is heading directly for Talabheim, and growing larger with each passing week. Taurox is an unstoppable force; a roaring, snorting engine of destruction virtually impervious to physical harm. Cast in the form of a grotesquely muscled Doombull, Taurox looms over his followers, a mountain of living brass with curving, bladed horns and a gnashing metal maw that constantly drools with gore.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
Campaign starting units
- Same as Vortex
Eye of the Vortex
- Ability: Bloodbeast
- Raiding stance is upgraded to Juggernaut raiding stance which increases campaign movement range but reduces raiding income
- Taurox leaves River of Blood effects in regions after winning battles (stacks up to 3 times)
- Weapon strength: +10% for Minotaur units (Lord's army)
|“||The Bloodbeast marches to war with his towering Minotaurs in tow, the land left left scarred and bleeding in his stampeding wake.||„|
- Armour-piercing weapon damage: +20
- Charge bonus: +15%
|“||As it turns out, you don't always need an immovable object to stop an unstoppable force.||„|
- Total War: WARHAMMER II – The Silence & The Fury FAQ (Total War Blog)