The Blessing of Khaine
The Blessing of Khaine is a unique dilemma for the Dark Elves race introduced in Total War Warhammer II and part of the loyalty game mechanic. The name of the lord that triggered this event is displayed under the dilemma name.
This random chance dilemma can only be triggered once for a low loyalty lord and gives the player a choice between a moderate lord loyalty gain in exchange for a major temporary army attrition, and do nothing and see the loyalty fall further by a minor amount which can, ultimately, cause defection.
In-game description[edit | edit source]
We have found a strange idol. Inscribed with the markings of Khaine, it exhorts us to offer great sacrifice for 'untold power'. Remember that no power, sir, has ever come without sacrifice...
Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Player is a Dark Elves faction
- Player has a lord with low loyalty (4 or less)
Trigger timing[edit | edit source]
- As soon as all requirements are met there is a random chance chance the dilemma will trigger immediately.
Options[edit | edit source]
Option 1: Sacrifice them![edit | edit source]
- Loyalty: +3
- Turns remaining: 1
- Enables attrition for this army
This army is suffering attritional losses due to a recent event.
The strength of Khaine shall be ours. One must always be prepared to spill blood in return for power!
Option 2: Spare their lives[edit | edit source]
- Loyalty: -1
This army marches on its own strength, not that of some 'god'. There will be no sacrifice today.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- It pays off to improve lord loyalty to avoid defection and ensuing revolt attempt which can support your campaign strategy.
- Low loyalty dilemmas are triggered only once per lord so it may be helpful to consider how your choice fits in with your long term strategy.
- Lords with low loyalty (4 or less) have a random chance to defect though the lower the loyalty the bigger the chance. If the loyalty ever reaches 0, then there is a 100% chance the lord will revolt the following turn!