|Please help spruce up this article by adding an image. New images can be uploaded here or by clicking on a red image link.|
The Green Knight is a unique hero cavalry unit for Bretonnia, introduced in Total War: Warhammer when Bretonnia was made into a free playable faction. The Green Knight can be recruited in campaign once the player has achieved certain levels of Chivalry. This can only be done a limited number of times, and also the Green Knight himself only lasts a limited number of turns before disappearing.
The Green Knight is the holder of secrets and keeper of the way, whose strength is the quester's ultimate test. He is a well-known figure of Bretonnian folklore, stories and poems about him being amongst the most popular in the Kingdom. A common character in puppet shows and plays performed for peasants and Kings alike, the Knight is bedecked in strange, ivy-covered armour and intones his famous line "None shall pass!". The traditional nemesis of the valiant Questing Knights of these tales, the Green Knight challenges them to duels so that they might prove their worth to the Lady, and thus sip from the blessed Grail. However, most folk do not realise that these stories are bound in fact; the Green Knight is the sacred protector of Bretonnia, and his spirit-essence is intertwined with the land and the Lady of the Lake herself. He has appeared to many Questing Knights throughout history, who subsequently spoke of the sky clouding over with the darkness of twilight and a green mist seeping from the earth, slowly taking the shape of a figure riding a snorting steed. Then the Green Knight appears, brandishing a glowing blade, his eyes ablaze with fey light!
- ↑ Ethereal: Ethereal units ignore most damage done by non-magical weapons. As they have shed most of their physical form, they are not slowed by terrain-based movement penalties either.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- ↑ Causes Terror: This unit can cause terror, making its melee target rout for a short time. Units that cause terror are immune to terror and fear themselves.
|Dolorous Blade||Glowing with an uncanny light, each stroke of this sword effortlessly carves the foe clean through.|
|Sacred Guardian||“None shall pass!”|
|The Blessing of the Lady||The Lady's blessing is a wondrous gift freely graced upon all Bretonnian subjects, should they but kneel and utter their devotion.|
- Barded Warhorse (Always mounted)
Hero actions in campaign
With 75% Physical resistance and the ability to heal when in forest, the Green Knight is a fearsome combatant and an incredibly tanky one. Not to forget that he is unbreakable. His horse also allows him to catch the targets he wants to catch and engage with enemy lords and heroes. The Dolorous Blade gives him a decent damage boost. That being said, magic damage will reduce his survivability significantly, so be wary.
Every Ethereal unit has a base physical resistance of 75%, but the Green Knight has a base of 55%. This is then bolstered by 20% from Blessing of the Lady (which is impossible for The Green Knight to deactivate because it requires leadership to be broke but the knight is unbreakable).
- YouTube's Total War spotlight on Total War: Warhammer - Introducing... The Green Knight