The Lamprey's Revenge is a Vampire Coast Regiments of Renown unit in Total War: Warhammer II. A stampede of crab-like monsters is all the scarier when accompanied by the hisses and cracks of gunpowder weapons.
There are many wondrous and dangerous creatures that dwell beneath the world's waves. From fire-breathing Sea Dragons to the ravaging Kraken of the Great Ocean, the sea’s bounty is truly as varied as that of land-going life. Once dead, however, even the most belligerent creatures become infinitely more controllable to the seafaring Necromancers that terrorise the oceans. The Lustrian coastline is home to many such useful sea monsters, including the crab-like Prometheans which scuttle across the more shallower regions of the continent’s surrounding ocean floors. Standing as tall as fully-grown men, and with pincers that can dismember a man like giant scissors, they are distant cousins of the much larger and rarer Leviathans. Being relatively common in their known habitats, Prometheans are often targeted by Undead pirate fleets to be killed, reanimated, and brought into their fighting ranks, either as mounts or as monstrous combatants in their own right.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Defender: This elite unit excels at pinning the enemy down in melee, buying time for the rest of your army to get into position.
- ↑ Aquatic: Where other units of small stature struggle to fight and move in shallow water, Aquatic units excel.
- ↑ Fire whilst moving: This unit can fire while on the move.
- ↑ Regeneration: Regeneration allows a unit to heal while in battle. Fire is known to harm this healing process, so be warned that flaming attacks will cause more damage to units with Regeneration.
Lore of Vampires to resurrect models as well. While a very effective unit, they are an expensive investment that should be used wisely so they are not wasted against enemy missiles or anti-large units.Rotting Prometheans are a very defensive and tanky unit. Prometheans with gunnery mobs are tanky units with increased damage on account of their missile attacks. The Lamprey's Revenge takes both of these and adds regeneration on top of it. In addition, they have the usual benefits to melee attack and defence. The unit has 60 melee defence which makes it very difficult to hit unless the enemy has anti-large. As you can imagine, these attributes make for an absolute wall of a unit that can inflict decent armour-piercing damage as well. Regeneration makes it very hard to get rid of, especially if you use healing from the
The Lamprey was Cylostra Direfin's ship, suggesting these prometheans are under her control.