The Ogham Shard is a unique quest for the legendary lord Nakai the Wanderer, who leads the Spirit of the Jungle faction of the Lizardmen race, introduced in Total War Warhammer II The Hunter and the Beast DLC to obtain one his exclusive items, the unique The Ogham Shard talisman.
This is a two-part quest which requires moving any character to a specific region and then fighting a set battle against a powerful Puppets of Chaos army.
- Player is a Lizardmen faction
- Player owns the legendary lord Nakai the Wanderer
- Nakai the Wanderer reaches level 8
- As soon as all requirements are met there is a 100% chance the quest will trigger immediately.
- Move any character to the following region: < random region >
The all-knowing, seemingly ever-living Slann have revealed the location of several ancient structures, in locations right across the World Pond, which prevents the forces of Chaos from spilling into our dimension and marauding across the Old and New Worlds. One such 'shard' may now be under direct threat from the very faction it was designed to repel! If just a single one falls, the bonds which hold back Chaos will be broken, and all hell will undoubtedly break loose. A situation as grave and as wide-reaching in its implications as this must be investigated fully. In any event: defend the shard, no matter what happens, and at whatever the cost!
- Treasury: +1500
- Win the following battle with Nakai the Wanderer's army: The Ogham Shard (reinforcements are expected)
The Slann's initial investigation has proven fruitful - the forces of Chaos are indeed attempting to make their way into the island's interior regions. It will take them some time, of course, as the powerful magic protecting this place must be carefully countered and inverted if they are to make further headway, but time is, nevertheless, of the essence and we must respond soon. Our Skink scounting party reports that the Chaos army have brought their Norscan puppets along for the fray too, but they will be mere fodder for our lightning-fast blades - strike fast, and weaken their resolve.
Teleport is available for 1500 coins.
This will move Nakai the Wanderer instantly to the quest battle location, at a cost. Following the battle, your character will be returned to their original location, with any casualities taken persisting after the battle is over.
- Bonus experience: +1500 for Nakai the Wanderer
- The Ogham Shard
- It usually pays off to pay 1500 coins and teleport to the quest location as it saves you precious turns moving around if too far.
- The Norsca reinforcements are weak and particularly vulnerable to cavalry units.