“Hidden high in the mountains is said to be the Lair of the Serpent Queen. Rumour persists of this powerful woman who has carved out a palace high in the peaks and holds court over an army of snake men.”
- —A Guide to the Known World.
The Silver Host
After the fall of Strigos, the Lahmians exercised their power a second time, raising an army to take Silver Pinnacle from the Dwarfs and make it their own. From Silver Pinnacle, Neferata coordinated the Lahmians and their manipulations. As Human civilisation changed, so too did they, growing from consorts and hermits to eccentric nobles and seductive spies. Remaining in her stronghold, Neferata too changed, growing cold and idle. As she fell into the malaise that claims many ancient Vampires, her control of her agents waned. Though she rarely leaves the Silver Pinnacle, she remains in touch with her sisterhood through a network of mortal messengers and magical scrying.
- Mortal Empires
- Schemer - Constantly plots to break friendship and make others question their allegiance
- Opportunist - Prefer striking at undefended lands whenever the opportunity rises.
- They were created for the Mortal Empires campaign, and were never part of the Eye of the Vortex campaign.
- This faction is predisposed to recruit Lahmian Vampire Lords.
- Count Ewald was an Elector Count of Stirland who was infatuated with a Lahmian Vampire (called the Silver Princess) who was exposed and with an army of Undead warriors battle broke out throughout the castle, allowing the Vampiress to feast on multiple soldiers and servants to the count. That he is the faction leader implies that he was also turned into a Vampire.