The Storm Riders (Lothern Sea Guard) is a High Elves Regiments of Renown unit introduced in Total War: Warhammer II with The Queen and the Crone DLC. The sight of the Storm Riders' banners strikes fear in to the hearts of even the most merciless Druchii.
The Storm Riders are a Sea Guard company whose reputation for ruthless boarding actions is legendary amongst the Black Ark Corsairs of Naggaroth. Witnesses claim that the Storm Riders strike with the savagery of the great Merwyrm, Amanar, whose majestic image adorns their shields. So terrible was the damage they wreaked upon the fleet of Yalthis Doomreaver that the Naggarothi commander has since offered a thousand slaves for their deaths.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Charge Defence Against Large Foes: When standing and bracing against a charge of large enemies (such as cavalry or monsters) this unit will negate the enemy's charge bonus.
- ↑ Fire Whilst Moving: This unit can fire while on the move.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
- The Storm Riders gain the ability to cause fear, Fire whilst moving, and Vanguard Deployment over normal Sea Guard.
- Causing fear is useful when fighting in melee against low leadership units like hounds or certain light cavalry. This means that these Sea Guard can break harassing units faster, allowing them to take less damage and resume shooting quicker.