Thorgrim Grudgebearer is the current High King of the Dwarfs. He is a throwback to the High Kings of old - eager for new conquests, mighty in battle, and a merciless enemy. Yet upon his worn brow there also sits a great wisdom, and he is able to uphold the ancient traditions as well as to accept (if not embrace) needed changes, such as alliances and new technology. Thorgrim is forever brooding upon how to return his people to their former glory. As the ultimate ruler of the Dwarfs, the Great Book of Grudges is entrusted into his keeping. It is Thorgrim's avowed wish to avenge every single entry contained in that voluminous tome - an impossible task if he should live a thousand lifetimes. Yet such is his resolve that he has already helped to rejuvenate the whole of the Karaz Ankor. Tales of his deeds, and the long list of grudges already struck out, fill his grim warriors with a feeling that the Dwarfs have long done without: hope. Borne upon the Throne of Power and brandishing the Axe of Grimnir, Thorgrim is at the forefront of what the Dwarfs hope will be a great conquering - a new age of retribution!
Campaign starting units
The Old World & Mortal Empires
- +20 Diplomatic Relations with all Dwarf realms
- Construction cost: -25% for Military Recruitment buildings
- Upkeep: -15% for Longbeards and Hammerers units
- Unit experience: +3 for Hammerers unit recruits
- +75% Leadership aura size
- ▲ Armoured: Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ▲ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
Age of Retribution: Progressive, for a Dwarf, Grudgebearer's fame in striking out entries in the Book of Grudges is the toast of drinking halls the length of the Worlds Edge Mountains. As a result his armies are easier to fill with eager Dwarfen Warriors of all types.
Thorgrim has high armour, high hitpoints, high melee stats, and magic attacks. Overall, he is a tank who can deal quite a bit of damage, but will get outmatched by the best duelists in the game. His abilities provide buffs for the Dawi around him and debuffs for key enemies which can help even a fight up.Thorgim is always mounted on his throne giving him a surprising amount of mass against enemy large units.