Welcome to The Total War: Warhammer Wiki!
Hello, Revoran, and welcome to wiki! Thank you for your contributions, and we hope you'll stay with us and make many more.
Some links you may find useful:
- Recent changes lets you see what other people are editing currently and where you can help.
- If you haven't already (because it's late and I'm tired, create a user page about yourself. If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
Hey, thanks for starting that page! Been meaning to collate everything. I'm dumping all 300 items in the game onto the wiki, but sure could use the help in organizing them into a list, there's a lot of them! Tagaziel (talk) 21:17, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
I see that you are an active editor, and I could use your help with a couple of matters, if you have the time to spare:
- In regards to 'o/ou' usage throughout the WARHAMMER content, does the game utilize American or British American standards? For instance, would the game use 'Armor,' or 'Armour?'
- Under the Greenskins faction, do they use 'Vandalisation,' or 'Vandalization?'
- Thanks a lot! I have not actually played any WARHAMMER for close to a decade now, so I wanted to be safe since I am not able to personally check. Happy editing! GarouxBloodline (talk) 05:05, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
Proposal: New "building roster" style
You seem to be one of the few people who are actively editing this wiki at the moment (along with myself), so I thought I would come to you for some critique on a new idea I've had.
I've been trying to think of a way to fix the existing "building roster" pages (e.g. Empire_buildings), and I've come up with a couple of suggestions.
My full explanation and examples are here: Total_War_WARHAMMER_Wiki_talk:Community_portal#Proposal: new "building roster" style
I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.
LunaShroom (talk) 20:49, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Hello, Pcj here from the GRASP team. I noticed in the past you have used infinite global block to combat vandalism from IP addresses/users who aren't logged in. Per "Blocking users" on the help wiki, the standard for IP address blocks is two weeks, as IP addresses are dynamically assigned (and the smarter vandals/spambots use proxies/VPNs to show a false IP anyway). It would be preferable to only use two weeks, or short of that, at least make the block only local to this wiki. I'll be unblocking users whose blocks are past the two week limit. If there are any problems with that we can address them as they arise. Thank you. --Pcj (talk) 12:57, 22 September 2017 (UTC)
Hey, so I was wondering how we are going to handle mounts? I am not entirely sure that the mounts provide a constant increase. For example, does the Barded Warhorse provide the same stat line and abilities increase to the General of the Empire, the Empire Captain, and the various flavors of Battle Wizard? Thanks in advance for any advice. Grandphoenixspirit (talk) 03:25, 8 February 2018
- Hey again GrandPhoenix. I can confirm that the Warhorse provides different stat bonuses for the different characters. So it may not be worth recording all the different bonuses (plus they might change in patches).
- However, mounts do usually provide the same basic abilities to most characters. For instance a Star Dragon Mount always causes fear and terror and has the Star Dragon Breath ability, no matter which character is using it.
- Another issue is that some mounts (like the Star Dragon) are also units in their own right. It might be worth creating separate mount pages - or should we put the mount info on the unit page? Revoran (talk) 03:40, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
Could you please fix the main page? It still links to Lothern instead of Eataine. Thanks in advance! Kennyannydenny (talk) 18:17, 18 August 2020 (UTC)
- Changed :) Revoran (talk) 03:49, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks! Kennyannydenny (talk) 09:39, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
The Wiki i'm admin off the Steam Trading Cards Wiki has also been moved to the new design, like this wiki. But somehow I can't get the full background image to show again, just like we have here (the WH3 artwork on the background). How did you get it to show like that? If I go to the admin board and then theme designer I can choose the background image the wiki always head, but only shows that in the very top part of the wiki with the "Background image style" set as "cover". Any help at all is appreciated. Kennyannydenny (talk) 20:39, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
- I will head to discord (you're welcome to join us if you like :) ) and ask user:tagaziel about this as they work for curse and have been handling the theme, mostly. -- Revoran 01:04, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
Planning to make a gallery of capital settlement crests.
The reason why I made a gallery for the Dark Elves crest on one faction's capital is that it's supposed to be the first in a series. It's for which crests show in different races for a faction's capital.
For now, we might leave the Dark Elves capital crest as a single file until I find new crests. Then I might put the Dark Elves crest with the others as a gallery. I already did the same for Post-battle options (options for different races and some factions), and Treasure hunts (what kinds of treasures players can find at sea). HorsesDrivingVans (talk) 14:16, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Ah I didn't realise what you were up to, my bad. -- Revoran 22:33, 31 October 2021 (UTC)
- That is alright, we all make mistakes. I also added the crest shown in Empire capitals like Altdorf. The recent pic that I used was captured from a session of TWW1 that I played earlier.