Usirian's Legion of the Netherworld (Nehekhara Warriors)
Usirian's Legion of the Netherworld
Usirian's Legion of the Netherworld (Nehekhara Warriors) is a Tomb Kings melee infantry unit introduced in Total War: Warhammer II with the Rise of the Tomb Kings DLC. The faceless God of the Underworld guides dead souls to the other life – some at the price of their service in battle.
They are one of the Legions of Legend.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Skeleton Warriors of Nehekhara are ancient and eternally loyal troops whom have willingly followed their mighty rulers unto death, forming the very core of all of the Tomb Kings' untold armies. Rising up from the dusty dunes, rank upon rank of these Skeleton Warriors stand ready to kill once more in the name of their immortal monarchs. Holding curved swords and long spears, ancient forms awake from their deathly slumbers, forming up in vast regiments with a supernatural discipline that few living warriors can hope to match. The mighty armies of Nehekhara, made up of regiment after regiment of valiant soldiers, swore oaths of eternal loyalty before the gods to serve their monarch in life and beyond into death.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
- ↑ Damage Dealer: This unit has a strong emphasis on dealing damage. If fighting it, make sure to take it out before it can get into firing or melee range.
- ↑ Ethereal: Ethereal units ignore most damage done by non-magical weapons. As they have shed most of their physical form, they are not slowed by terrain-based movement penalties either.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While most of the beginning Tomb Kings armies are weak skeletons, Nehekara warriors offer a decent upgrade that improves your infantries killing potential. However, they still take a beating in battles usually and still leave a lot to be desired in terms of staying power. Look no further than these ghostly warriors who can deal damage and take an immense amount more physical punishment than their normal brethren. These warriors should be used early on in a campaign as a tanky foundation to an early-mid game army. Obviously this does not apply should your enemies bring magic damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Whereas every other Ethereal unit has 75% Physical resistance, the Legion has 70%.
- Usirian was the sinister, faceless god of the Nehekharan Underworld. He is never physically represented, since such a fact would be considered sacrilege, but is continually invoked in Nehekharan funeral rites. He was a very revered god in all Nehekhara since, with the rise of the Mortuary Cult, he became as widely worshiped as Ptra himself.