Their army is composed of mostly heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, chariots, artillery and dragons.
His exploits before he decided in 2521 IC to assault Lustria are unknown. What is known is that he sought to sacrifice the heart of a Slann to his patron.
When the defenders of the Temple-City noticed him, it was almost too late. Tiktaq'to, Master of Skies, mustered the defenses and managed to hold Vashnaar off for sixty-three days, although with a heavy toll as Vashnaar's hordes outnumbered the defenders.
Possible Spawn Points
This Rogue Army is one of the toughest to fight and it spawning nearby early in a campaign can mean a hard battle ahead. This is due to the strong front line of Chosen, the long range of the Darkshards, powerful monster in the Black Dragon, and the artillery piece in the Hellcannon as well as the Bolt throwers. If you're not ready to fight them, it can be recommended to improve relations as quickly as possible or push them to go to war with your enemies.
- Dreadlord (Sword & Crossbow)
- Dreadlord (Sword & Shield)
- Chaos Warriors
- Chaos Warriors (Great Weapons)
- Chaos Warriors (Halberds)
- Chosen (Great Weapons)
- Chosen (Halberds)
- Witch Elves
- Darkshards (Shields)
- Chaos Knights
- Chaos Knight (Lances)
- Cold One Knights
- Cold One Dread Knights
- Cold One Chariot
- Reaper Bolt Thrower
- Black Dragon
- The icon on their crest is taken from Chaos Rebels.
- The faction uses units from Chaos and Dark Elves.
- Vashnaar was a Chaos Lord in the lore but in-game he is depicted as a Dark Elf Dreadlord.
- Due to the elite level of this army and its tendency to spawn early in the campaigns, many in the Total War: Warhammer community fear Vashnaar and his entourage (and rightly so).