"Cunning overseers, whose job it is to manage and well, steal any credit that may be due an inventive Warlock Engineer."
- —The Warlock Masters of Clan Skryre.
The Warlock-Engineers of Clan Skryre are perhaps the most ingenious minds in all Skavendom; insane, diabolical scientists who combine arcane sorcery with mad science to create some of the the greatest technological marvels of mayhemic destruction. They are the artificers of Skaven society, producing black-market weaponry for any able to pay for it. Under the ever-watchful eyes of their Warlock Masters, whose role it is to oversee and, well, steal any credit that may be due to an inventive Warlock Engineer. They combine well-known weapons with heavy armour to make highly-experimental devices which do not always function flawlessly - many have met their doom as the result of an exploding Warp-power accumulator!
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
Battle Traits and Abilities
The Warlock Master deals Magical Attacks, has a good Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage and Bonus against Infantry.
- Missile Resistance: 15%
- Hide (forest)
- Scurry Away!
- Warp Lightning spell
- Howling Warpgale spell
Both of the Warlock Master's mounts require The Prophet and the Warlock DLC.
Putting the Warlock Master on a Doom-Flayer will make him unable to hide in forests and remove his Magical Attacks, but will grant him The Best Defence Augment.
The Doomwheel while also removing the melee Magical Attacks gives the Warlock Master a ranged Armour-Piercing attack with the same attribute. It can also, obviously, not hide in forests. Additionally, the Warlock Master will be Causing both Fear and Terror.
The decision to choose a Master Warlock versus a Grey Seer (Ruin) will be based on the choice of going for an offensive or defensive army composition. Master Warlocks emphasize frequent casting of Ruin spells while directly engaging in melee combat, whether by leading the frontline on foot or a charge when mounted on a Doom-Flayer or Doomwheel.