Waywatchers are a Wood Elves missile infantry unit. Those who enter Athel Loren without permission must answer for such a transgression.
Waywatchers are silent sentinels, the guardians of the paths leading into Athel Loren. They are masters of concealment and can lie unmoving and unnoticed for days on end before springing an ambush on a startled and unfortunate prey. Few warriors can match a Waywatcher's skill with a bow. Should they wish it, these silent stalkers can loose an unerring stream of black-shafted arrows in a heartbeat or place a single shot precisely in the weak point of a foe's armour. Furthermore, Waywatchers are highly adept at the arts of disruption and surprise, often appearing silently next to a vulnerable enemy and vanishing as quickly before the body even hits the ground. Thus do any who enter Athel Loren run the risk of being slain without warning by the Waywatchers, cut down by unseen archers, or falling prey to their cunningly-constructed traps.
- ▲ Armour-Piercing Missiles: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ▲ Forest Stalker: The Elves of Athel Loren gain bonuses to melee defence and accuracy while fighting within the forest.
- ▲ Good Range: This unit has a larger range than most other units of the same class. This allows it to take out hostile missile units before they can come into firing range.
- ▲ Master Ambusher: This unit can move whilst hidden in any terrain, firing in any direction even whilst running!
- The premier archer unit in the game, Waywatchers devastate anything they target. They out damage even the Sisters of Avelorn. They can also fire armor piercing arrows in any direction while moving with deadly accuracy. It is best to be conservative with their ammunition by taking them off fire at will so they do not waste their shots on cheap units like Goblins or Skavenslaves. Aim for high-value targets like monsters, elite infantry, or cavalry, and enemy characters. Keep this unit protected at all cost, every model lost hinders their killing potential.
- YouTuber's Zerkovich spotlight on Waywatchers in 100 Seconds!