Wulfrik the Wanderer
Wulfrik is a Norscan man cursed by the Chaos Gods to wander the world and challenge and battle every great warrior he meets. For this purpose, he is able to fluently speak any language.
Wulfrik the Wanderer is one of the most devout worshipers of the Ruinous Powers to have ever journeyed across the world. With a hulking frame and tremendous skill at arms, his curse is to perpetually seek out the mightiest champions to duel – be they living, dead, mortal, or daemonic. His loyal warriors willingly sail to the corners of the world with him, raiding by his side as he takes the heads of all who dare cross his path. It is said that once Wulfrik has decided upon his next quarry, it is impossible to escape – such is his dutiful willingness to provide the murderous offerings due to the nefarious Dark Gods.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Duellist: This unit is best used to attack individual targets such as Lords or Heroes. As it can only damage very few individuals at a time, it is not suitable against hordes of weak enemies.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.}
When chosen as starting lord:
- Additional Starting Units:
- Lord Effects:
- Melee attack: +15 for all Mammoth units (all forces)
- Upkeep: -15% for Marauder units (all forces)
- All units in Wulfrik's army cause Fear
- +30% reinforcement range
Wulfrik is one of the better duelists in the game. He is extremely strong against other heroes and lords in one-on-one combat with Hunter of Champions. Use him accordingly. Seafang is also good for clearing low armour infantry or archers, giving Wulfrik a degree of crowd clearing.
Take note of how Wulfrik's stats change when switching from no mount to the War Mammoth mount. The extra mobility that a mount provides may pay off against equally mobile enemy factions, such as Wood Elves, but against low-tier human units without cavalry, the extra melee attack and damage Wulfrik gains from being mountless may be the better choice.
Also of note, Wulfrik on a mammoth is one of the tankiest lords in the game (just in terms of hitpoints). This gives Norsca a massive damage dealing bastion of fear and terror to constantly fall back on and continue pushing their foes. This also makes him the biggest target in the game in terms of mass, archers and artillery will have few issues hitting a mammoth and while he is tanky, constant focus fire will wear him down all the same.