Wyrd Spawn is a Warriors of Chaos melee monstrous infantry unit introduced in Total War: Warhammer. Former Champions with mutant gifts received in the Realm of Chaos itself, summoned back to terrorise the mortal world.
A warrior who is visited by too many gifts of the Dark Gods eventually succumbs to madness and mutation. His altered body reaches a point where reason no longer sustains it, and he wails in anguish as his flesh ripples, sprouts and writhes, undergoing the most profound and final of changes. Truly, Chaos Spawn have a thousand faces and forms.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
- ↑ Damage Dealer: This unit has a strong emphasis on dealing damage. If fighting it, make sure to take it out before it can get into firing or melee range.
- ↑ Armour-Sundering: The armour-splitting attacks of this unit can significantly weaken the target's armour.
- ↑ Unbreakable: This unit does not suffer any form of leadership loss and will never rout.
Spawn with 15% Physical resistance and the Sunder Armour Contact Effect. This makes them both tankier and more effective against armour, on top of their melee attack and defence boosts from being a regiment of renown. This makes them quite effective and unbreakable fighters, but they retain the same weaknesses of no armour and being vulnerable to missiles.
- Wyrdspawn - Mutated beyond all recognition, this variety of Chaos Spawn is so infused with chaotic energy that it can release this pent-up power as discharges of mystical lighting. In lore this unit appears to have connections to Tzeentch that manifested in magical lightning, but in this game is shown as Armour-sundering and physical resistance